The Assistant Production Manager position assists with professional video, audio, lighting, rigging, power distribution and project coordination. The Assistant Production Manager supports the Production Managers to foster a positive team environment amongst staff and to provide superior customer service working with clients to plan, deploy and support their audio, visual, electronic and technical needs throughout live events, including corporate meetings, trade shows, and special events (“Projects” or “Productions”).
This position reports directly to the CEO, Sean Mason. This position works collaboratively with all other members of the Production team.
Essential duties include supporting Immersive Productions, pro-actively and as directed, primarily:
• As requested by a Production Manager, communicate closely and professionally with all Production stakeholders, e.g., clients, freelance field managers, technicians and facility managers, to ensure that all technical components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goals of the particular event.
• As assigned by the Director of Sales and CEO, contact Clients identified as Opportunities to collect the information required to draft and send an Estimate for their event.
• Comply with all established processes within the Flex system to generate estimates and quotes. This includes creating accurate POs for all subrentals, union labor orders, and freelance hires associated with the event.
• Actively produce and assist with Project management responsibilities: plan, organize, and schedule Field Manager, crew, equipment and activities required to meet Project deliverables.
• Delegate appropriate responsibilities to AV Shop and Field Manager and oversee the execution of delegated tasks.
• Under the Production Manager’s supervision, create and oversee the accurate and timely execution of Project Contracts, floor plans, pull lists, timelines, graphics and other content, 3D models and organization of necessary technical gear and paperwork to ensure superior execution and delivery of Production services on Project deadlines.
• Ensure that all necessary documents are consistent with the Project Contract and that the Production services are consistent with the expectations of the Client under the signed Project Contract.
• Execute the booking of sub-rented gear, generators, lifts and any necessary equipment for Project execution.
• Work collaboratively with other Project Teams to ensure that in-house gear and crew are not double-booked and that resources are allocated appropriately across all Immersive Projects.
• Work with Project Teams and Clients prior to events to ensure the proper staffing and make real-time adjustments, as necessary. Follow through on scheduling and supervision of technicians for all Productions using a combination of internal, freelance staff and external staff from various trade unions and contractors.
• Perform site visits with internal Project Teams, Clients and/or their customers to determine their individual standards for onsite Productions as it relates to AV Production and technician support.
• Check-in onsite during installation. Ensure Field Manager is executing his/her responsibilities to Immersive’s specifications. Contact Client to confirm their needs and expectations are being met and there are no issues that require your attention.
• In select instances, fill the role of on-site Field Manager for live events as a means of developing Production skills and experiences always with the goal of advancing to the Production Manager position.
• Provide administrative support to ensure efficient workflow and effective business operations, including accurate record-keeping and compliance with relevant local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Consistent use of the Flex and Salesforce systems is a requirement. Travel between work locations using a personal vehicle.
• Operate leased or rented vehicle (16’ or 24’ truck) to transport equipment to event locations.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the job functions. At minimum, candidate has:
• Moderate knowledge of audio visual equipment systems and set-up, including, but not limited to, video/audio/lighting/computer, streaming media and video conferencing/recording, cabling, switching and best installation practices.
• Some experience as Project Manager and Technical Lead, particularly pre-production planning for complex live events and managing AV teams during live events.
• Professional attitude and appearance.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to work effectively with information management systems and adapt quickly to system changes and updates.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to facilitate efficient pre-production planning, post-production follow-up and to manage AV teams during live events.
• Ability to establish and maintain solid and cooperative working relationships with all persons contacted in the course of work, including outside vendors and contractors such as equipment rental agencies, trade unions and their representatives.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks; to be organized and flexible, able to change course of work/projects as circumstances dictate.
• Flexibility and willingness to work a variety of hours and shifts as needed, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Willingness and ability to perform other duties which may be necessary or desirable to ensure successful Productions and business operations overall.
• Willingness and ability to fulfill Immersive’s employee values of excellent workmanship and customer service, teamwork, respect, innovation and sustainability.
• Open to receiving direction from the CEO and Production Managers.
• Interest in developing production skills and experiences with the goal of advancing to higher level positions within the field.
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Able to drive a 16’ or 24’ truck, as necessary
• Able to lift/carry up to 50Lb.
• Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to climb ladders and stoop/crawl in various positions and spaces.
• Able to work safely at heights of 25 feet or more. Knowledge and practiced in the use of safety equipment necessary when working above 10 feet.