Immediate Office of the Assistant Secretary for ManagementWashington, DC
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Director Revolving Fund =================================
##### Department of Veterans Affairs
Immediate Office of the Assistant Secretary for Management
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/04/2019 to 09/19/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$127,914 to $192,300 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
The Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA) mission is to serve Veterans and their families by providing healthcare, benefits and burial svs in recognition of their svs to the Nation. The Office of Management (OM) enables VA to provide a full range of benefits and svs to our Nation's Veterans by providing leadership in the areas of budget, financial management, business oversight and asset mgt. OM promotes fiscal sterwardship and oversight of activities that are consistent with Nat'l law and regulation.
Learn more about this agency
**Major Duties and Responsibilities**
- Ensure accountability for the management and sustainability of the Revolving Fund (RF). The incumbent manages the RF Chief Financial Office (CFO) to ensure financial and fiduciary oversight, compliance, and reporting activities associated with managing the activities Franchise and Supply Funds, including implementing RF decisions concerning distribution of funds and fee setting. - The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for ensuring emergency preparedness, continuity of operations and safety for the RF. This includes ensuring effective documentation of important processes and practices, knowledge management and sharing procedures, plans to ensure continuity of essential operations in the event of extreme disruption, and oversight of safe work practices and environments. - The incumbent directs the activities of approximately 50 professional, technical and administrative employees working in a variety of professional disciplines through the direct supervision of a GS-15 subordinate director. - As the executive supervisor, the ED establishes organizational goals and objectives, undertakes leadership assignments which are often highly complex, potentially sensitive and/or controversial and broad in scope.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0505 Financial Management
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- US citizenship is required. - One year probationary period required for initial SES appointment. - Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. - Incumbents of this position will be subject to a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position. - Successful completion of drug screening required. - Public Financial Disclosure Report (SF-278) is required. - May be subject to reassignment geographically or organizationally.
To meet the minimum qualifications, applicants must possess the following technical and executive core qualifications. These qualifications would typically be gained through progressively responsible management or executive level assignments such as director of a regional office, medical facility or program manager. An individual's total experience, education and volunteer work experience must demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):** All applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following ECQs. Your narrative must address each ECQ separately. Additional information on ECQs is available at: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/executive-core-qualifications/. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action and Results model outlined in the guide. It is recommended that you draft your ECQs in a Word document and then upload into the system.
1. **Leading Change:** The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. **Leading People:** The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. **Results Driven:** The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. **Business Acumen**: The ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
5. **Building Coalitions:** The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
**TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION (TQ)s:** In addition, all applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following TQ(s). Please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled managing a large public or private sector organization that administers complex, rules-based benefits or services, etc. It is recommended that you draft your TQ(s) in a word document and then upload into the system.
TQ1: Demonstrates relevant knowledge, ability, and experience to successfully oversee program operations and sustainability of the Revolving Fund, which includes the Franchise Fund and its Enterprise Centers and the Supply Fund and it's Enterprise Centers; strategic financial and fiduciary duties, and financial oversight.
TQ2: Posses superior management ability and competencies in strategic planning and oversight of revolving fund.
### Additional information
Veteran Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.: https://www.opm.gov/faqs/QA.aspx?fid=fcd37029-d607-4fec-a8d6-faecbdb08eef&pid=6d668276-0086-49e3-aa1e-bccfb2bcb379.
Drug Testing: All applicants tentatively selected for VA Senior Executive Service employment in any position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
Incumbents of this position will be subject to a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Step 1: ECQ qualifications
Step 2: Technical Qualification(s)
Step 3: VA Executive Resources Board
Step 4: Nominating Organization may conduct interviews
Step 5: Approval by the Selecting Official (may include additional screening)
A complete application for this position includes the following items:
1. Resume not to exceed 5 pages;
2. Written narrative response to address each Technical Qualification(s) not to exceed 2 pages each; and
3. Written narrative responses to address each Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) not to exceed 2 pages each for a total of 10 pages; or
4. Proof of non-competitive eligibility (**if applicable**). Proof consists of an SF-50 showing career status in the SES and proof of certification of your Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) from the OPM administered Qualifications Review Board (QRB).
**Non-Competitive Consideration:** You are considered a non-competitive applicant if you are a current career Senior Executive, Qualifications Review Board (QRB) certified graduate of a Senior Executive (SES) Candidate Development Program (CDP) or an individual with SES reinstatement eligibility. You may be considered non-competitively for appointment to this position if you meet the mandatory technical qualifications requirements.
Non-competitive applicants do not need to submit ECQ narratives but you must clearly state your status in your resume and submit a written narrative response to the Technical Qualification (s); not more than 2 pages per each TQ with a font size no smaller than 12 points. Proof of non-competitive eligibility is required. The agency has the option of considering you non-competitively or including you in the competitive process.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
Your complete application must be received by 11:59 pm EST on the closing date, 09/19/2019 in order for you to be considered. Please read all instructions before you begin.
To begin click the Apply Online button and follow the prompts to register, and submit all required documents. To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and click on "Application Status". Click on the position title and select Apply Online to continue.
### Agency contact information
### Quintina Neal
AS Management - 1007 810 Vermont Avenue NW Washington, DC 20420 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
The Corporate Senior Executive Management Office (CSEMO) will review all applications to determine if applicants meet the technical qualifications of this position and the SES ECQs. Those who meet the qualifications will be referred to the Executive Resources Board (ERB), a panel of SES members to determine the "best qualified" candidates. Once a selection is made, the selectee's application will be forwarded to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) for approval by an OPM independent Qualifications Review Board (QRB), unless the selectee is a current/ former SES executive or has successfully complete an OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544619300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Immediate Office of the Assistant Secretary for Management
Get fresh Executive Assistant Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
People Searching Executive Assistant Director Also Searched