Director of Human Resources
We are in search of an exceptional Human Resources Professional to lead our Life Plan Community. We are a full service Life Plan Community offering independent living and assisted living residences, memory support as well as long term care and post-acute care services. The right candidate will have exemplary leadership and communication skills and will also be knowledgeable regarding human resource functions. This person will work closely with our Leadership team providing HR consulting, oversight, and expertise regarding all Human Resource functions, including orientation and training, employee relations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention, turnover, compensation, HRIS/management reporting, investigations, performance management, and benefits. Promotes proactive, positive employee relations practices and environments in all contact sites and understands and appropriately balances the roles of both employee and employer advocate.
- Consults with Department Leaders and Campus Executives on a proactive basis to ensure positive employee relations practices and environments in all work locations.
- Will ensure compliance with regard to recruitment and selection process, including the following: interviews; employment verifications, background checks and drug screens to verify employment eligibility. Provides support to CEO with HR issues related to hiring new employees.
- Develops and assists with the execution of action plans to address Human Resources-related areas identified for improvement. Supports Immanuel Lutheran’ Strategic Objectives especially as they relate to human resources.
- Provides interpretation and consulting for operations regarding all Human Resources policies and procedures as directed. Develops and recommends new/revised policies and procedures.
- Consults with and advises managers on disciplinary and policy issues to ensure the fairness and consistency of all Human Resource actions.
- Analyzes compensation practices, conducts salary reviews, and assists in analysis of market competitiveness and internal equity.
- Monitors employee performance evaluation program and assures that employee performance reviews are conducted timely.
- Assures implementation of all Immanuel Lutheran Communities Human Resources policies, which include all aspects of employee relations, performance management and disciplinary actions, conflict resolution, etc.
- Consults with management regarding effective administration of Open Door Policy and response to employee complaints. Involved in directing managers through complaint responses, monitoring and reporting.
- Promotes and develops employee recognition programs and measures the utilization and effectiveness of such programs.
- Participates in and analyzes results of employee satisfaction surveys to determine the extent of any employee relations issues and general areas and levels of employee satisfaction. Monitors and supports the communication and development of follow- up action plans. Ensures follow up on action plans takes place within each regional line of business.
- Assist with administrative process for ADA, Workers' Compensation, FMLA and other employment laws and/or employee benefits.
- Is involved with or will lead new HR initiatives/programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within Immanuel Lutheran Communities.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations. Ability to manage multiple priorities in effective manner. Ability to work cooperatively as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Maintains a strong customer-service focus and commitment.
- Ability to be flexible and shift work priorities with little or no notice based on customer needs.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with all customers and Support Center contacts.
- Excellent knowledge of all Human Resources functions and employment laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee, patient, and customer information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction in daily areas of human resources. Ability to supervise employees on daily basis and oversee HR department.
- Ability to use computer software, analyze data and produce reports. Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree required in HR or related field.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Human Resources experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Expectations of Immanuel Lutheran Communities Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
- 5 years’ experience in long term care administration.
- Preferred: 4 year degree from an accredited college.
About Immanuel Lutheran Communities
Immanuel Lutheran Communities is a not-for-profit, Life Plan Community located in Kalispell, MT. Thanks to our creative and dedicated staff, we offer residents new possibilities each day – along with resort style amenities, numerous options for healthy lifestyles, and a breathtaking location in the Flathead Valley near Glacier National Park. Immanuel Lutheran Communities is the primary residence for 300 older adults living in our independent villa apartments, assisted living and memory support residences, our post-acute rehab and long term care residences and includes multiple dining rooms, a fitness center, art studio, and more. Immanuel Lutheran Communities is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America and is committed to its philosophy of providing a faith-based environment to enrich the lives of older adults while maintaining its local and regional reputation as the leader in senior living for its quality of services and innovation.
What We Offer:
Immanuel Lutheran Communities offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits
- Optional dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Free and Discounted employee meals
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Immanuel Lutheran Communities is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "refer to resume." For more information please call our HR group at 406.752.9144.