The Firmware / Embedded Systems Engineer will be responsible to develop Embedded Systems Firmware and associated verification and testing used in the mining exploration industry.
What skills & experience you’ll bring:
- Bachelors of Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Embedded Systems
- Strong working knowledge of C & C++ development
- Working knowledge of standard electronic test equipment such as Oscilloscope, Digital Multi-Meters and function generators.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and component data sheets
- Strong Hardware and Firmware debugging skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with STM32 and TMS570 processor families
- Experience with RTOS
- FPGA Design Experience
Development of new products
- Development high quality embedded code that adheres to Imdex’s Embedded Systems Code Guidelines
- Develop functional tests for embedded code
- Develop in system tests to verify and debug embedded code
- Complete verification test reports detailing the results of testing
- Work and collaborate with project team in the broader development of the product
- Participate in project planning and status meetings
Maintenance of Existing Products
- Investigate and resolve bug reports
- Implement new feature as requested by the Product Manager
- Maintain code per IMDEX’s coding standards
- Collaborate with Product Manager as well as the broader Engineering team in testing and isolating problem within existing systems
New Technology Investigation
- Investigate new embedded technologies that are applicable to Imdex’s business
- Qualify new technology through rapid prototyping and performance verification
- Provide recommendations and qualification documentation for new technology adoption.
Who we are and Where you’ll work:
At Imdex Technology we are a dynamic research & design engineering team and manufacturing & repair facility located in San Luis Obispo, CA. Our local team also works collaboratively with our engineers in Perth, Australia where our parent company resides - Imdex Limited.
We nurture a respectful & learning culture in all aspects of our business and hold each member of our organization accountable to these standards. We are committed to product development ensuring innovative, simple to use, and fit for purpose technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug free workplace.
Company Website: www.imdexlimited.com
Job Type: Full-time