Mortgage Loan Officer (Real Estate/Construction )
Imagine Staffing Technology Rochester, NY
- Posted: 14 days ago
- Proactively soliciting new Real Estate Construction business through internal and external sources in an assigned geographic area.
- This individual will participate in business-related development opportunities, professional organizations, and community efforts to promote homeownership.
- Achieve production and quality goals.
- Ensure compliance with third-party agencies and vendors.
- Ensure exceptional customer service experience throughout the loan origination process.
- Interact with other team members and other departments in a professional manner.
- Submit complete credit applications with supporting documentation.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with internal and external referral sources.
- Prospect new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Facilitate communication activities with customers and referral sources during loan origination process.
- Review applications, credit files, and customer qualifications to determine appropriate loan products and pricing.
- Counsel and coach loan applicants to assist them towards their goals and to deliver the best loan products for their needs.
- Request timely loan rate locks for Secondary Marketing.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of loan products including conventional, portfolio, FHA,VA, USDA-Rural Housing programs and secondary market rules.
- Cross-sell other company products and services to loan applicants.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and Federal/State regulations.
- High School Diploma required; additional education/certification a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in mortgage origination or sales.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships among team members and participate in solving problems and making decisions.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience, whether oral or written.
- Ability to actively listen to what others are saying to achieve understanding, sharing information with others and facilitating the open exchange of ideas and information.
- Ability to establish courses of action for self to accomplish specific goals, develop and use tracking systems for monitoring own work progress, and effectively use resources such as time and information.
- Ability to make right decisions based on perceptive and analytical processes, practicing good judgment in gray areas.
- Knowledge of banking industry laws, regulations, and the retail origination process.
- Knowledge of conventional, government loan products and guidelines including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, USDA-Rural Housing and VA loans.
- Knowledge of Ellie Mae-Encompass Loan Origination software, Freddie Mac – Loan Product Advisor and Optimal Blue pricing engine.
- Knowledge of retail mortgage loan pricing.
- Sales skills with the ability to turn prospects into customers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to successfully collaborate with team members and a wide variety of customers.
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent time management skills.
Imagine Staffing Technology
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Imagine Staffing Technology