Systems Administrators (NMMES)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Code: 14304290
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia
This job is “temporarily remote" due to COVID-19 pandemic, but will transition to a non-remote job after the pandemic stay-at-home orders have been lifted. Interviews and orientations will be conducted remotely.
Imagine One is seeking a wide range of candidates, with all levels of experience, to serve as Systems Administrators for a large Navy support contract. Work will be performed in Norfolk, Virginia.
The work times are shift positions.
Shift 1: Sun/Mon/Tues/ Every other WED 0600-1800
Shift 2: Sun/Mon/Tues Every other WED 1800-0600
Shift 3 Thurs/Fri/Saturday Every other WED 0600-1800
Shift 4 Thurs/Fri/Saturday Every other WED 1800-0600
Candidates with experience in Windows Administration, UNIX Administration, Solaris Administration, CITRIX Administration, and Oracle Administration are required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment
- Participates in reviewing performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes
- Installs, configures and tests software packages
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Systems Administration experience – various years for various levels. Experience for associate/junior level positions may be earned from work or academic pursuits.
- Experience to include at least one of the following: Windows Administration, UNIX Administration, Solaris Administration, CITRIX Administration, and Oracle Administration
- Familiar with DoD network accreditation processes (desired)
- Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices (desired)
- Associate Degree (AS/AA) or Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in a relevant field, or possessing Systems Administrator expertise gained through prior education/training/employment such as military occupational specialty or classification
- Must meet Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570-01M which includes:
- Security+CE, (or one of the following equivalents: GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
- A computing environment certification such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or an equivalent
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must have a favorably adjudicated SSBI (Top Secret) or NACLC (Secret). Candidates meeting all positions requirements except the clearance requirement are encouraged to apply for future consideration
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more!
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2018, ISO 27001:2013
CMMI Development Level 3
An Employee-Owned Business
IMAGINE ONE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Imagine One Technology & Management, Ltd.
TechnologyView all jobs at Imagine One Technology & Management, Ltd.