Imagine Learning is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to craft customer-facing UIs as well as some of our internal management tools. The ideal candidate has clean UI sensibilities, strong HTML/CSS skills, excellent communication skills, and a passion for having an impact on the world. The UX Designer is an essential part of a cross-functional software team and helps the team understand and empathize with the customer’s needs. The UX Designer creates user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, HCI, a related field, or equivalent field experience.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating the thought process and user feedback that informed past design decisions
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 4 years or more of experience designing clean, effective UIs
- Skilled at designing dashboards, data visualizations, and reports
- Fluent in responsive design
- Experience in applying user research, user needs validation and usability evaluation
- Proven track record working in multi-disciplinary teams in an agile environment
- Skilled with design thinking and user research methodologies
- Ability to interview and work with different user populations to design experiences that meet their needs
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- Experience designing reusable UI components
- Skilled with CSS pre-processors, such as SASS or LESS
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently
- Good knowledge of design thinking methodologies
- Very comfortable with rapid prototyping techniques
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an enterprise software environment is a plus
- Familiar with in-app onboarding best practices
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Utilizes design thinking methodologies to develop creative, intuitive end-to-end experiences
- Builds low-to-high-fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts to others.
- Communicates ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Gives and solicits feedback from team members, product management, and other designers.
- Reviews and tests designs across multiple platforms, contexts, and user groups.
- Employs techniques for discovering, recording, and communicating the customer’s experience (mental modeling, journey mapping, etc.).
- Designs data visualizations that tell clear and powerful data stories.
- Contributes to and evolves design frameworks and patterns.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Performs other duties as may be reasonably requested by management.
For Candidates in the European Union: As part of any recruitment process, Imagine Learning collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For a copy of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.