Imagine Learning is looking for a savvy front end software engineer to develop responsive, customer-facing UIs and tools for teachers, school administrators, parents, and students. The ideal front end software engineer has a passion for creating clean, compelling user interfaces, has solid experience coding for RESTful APIs, and feels right at home working in the business layer.
As a front end software engineer on a dynamic, cross-functional team, you’ll:
- Work hand-in-hand with product managers, UX designers, and back-end developers to define product behavior.
- Take interactive prototypes from the UX designers and implement elegant, responsive front-end solutions.
- Use your innate sense of streamlined workflow to code a clean, effective user experience including navigation, controls, and content.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to measure user satisfaction. Help the design evolve by talking to product owners, users, and data experts.
- Participate in code reviews and test your apps across multiple platforms for both performance and usability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, the DOM, and browser development tools.
- Familiarity with Lean or Agile development principles, specifically Scrum.
- Familiarity with automated testing concepts.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, able to proactively identify work, handle tasks, and complete work without supervision.
- Familiarity with unit testing and end-to-end testing using Protractor and Karma.
- Experience developing web services using the .NET Framework, Web API, and C#.
We’re in the digital educational space, so if you have experience coding for dashboards, web portals, or online tools, then you’ll probably be our new best friend very soon. Send us your resume and be prepared to show off your skills.
Imagine Learning is an educational software company that uses the power of imagination and technology to empower children all over the world. Ranked the 86th fastest-growing software company on the prestigious Inc. 5000 list in 2011, we’ve enjoyed year-over-year sustained revenue growth since our beginning in 2004.
For Candidates in the European Union: As part of any recruitment process, Imagine Learning collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For a copy of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.