Illumitex a leader driving the digital transformation of horticultural for cannabis, vertical farms, greenhouses and contained environment agriculture (CEA). We are pioneering a deeper move into Agtech by providing solutions that help deploy the grower at-scale with image-associated Artificial Intelligence (AI) to improve crop results and provide early detection of crop yield and quality reducing issues. Our LED lighting solutions are tuned to plants' photosynthetic needs and will help our customers build sustainable farms; reducing energy, providing long-lasting units that are safe for the environment and increase yields and improve crop quality.
The Sales Manager is an important member of our high-performing sales team. The focus of this position is to prospect, develop and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing clients. They will also work to develop a deep understanding of customer requirements and create winning sales propositions around these requirements. The focus of this position would be customers in the US and is designed as a selling and market-building position that will provide market-level leadership to identify and qualify prospects, create plans, and execute against these plans.
- Responsible for growing new business by demonstrating and selling our Digital solutions to large-market commercial accounts while continuing to drive revenue in our existing customer base
- Coordinate full sales cycle from initial prospecting to signed contracts through to ongoing account management
- Conduct extensive research to understand potential clients' goals, objectives and challenges - fully understanding our distinctive difference in the marketplace
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts through proper reporting in the Company’s CRM system
- Specify hardware, software and technical services based on our customers specialized application requirement
- Provide input to continually improve the overall sales process and tools.
- Develops and nurtures strong customer contacts and positive, proactive relationships with channel partners and dealers/contractors ensuring open streams of communication.
- Investigates competitor products, promotions and sales strategies.
- Maintains competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Participate regularly in marketing activities (e.g., industry trade shows)
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading trade journals, maintaining personal networks and participating in industry organizations
- Minimum five years of directly handling complex sales cycles with large account customers, large preference for experience in a greenhouse or horticulture environment. Complex solutions selling experience a major plus.
- Proven and verifiable successful track record in business development sales in a fast-paced, results oriented culture.
- Comfortable calling on executives, owners and line employees for both business and technical functions (e.g., CEOs/presidents/CFOs, growers, financial managers and energy/facilities managers)
- Experience with and understanding of CRM systems, Salesforce a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in working with customers, partners and teammates across all functions
- This position requires up to 60% travel. This position requires travel throughout assigned territory as well as other functions.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective while working remotely, e.g., from a home office, and while traveling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred, and work experience in sales/account management, minimum 5 years