Illumination Foundation is looking for Behavioral Health Therapists at our Anaheim and Stanton locations.
The Behavioral Health Therapist position provides therapeutic services and support to homeless clients at Illumination Foundation recuperative care sites, service sites and other sites as needed.
This position will be based at Illumination Foundation's emergency shelter in Anaheim.
- Build rapport with and provide individual, family and group therapy to clients.
- Recognize the need for and provide crisis intervention.
- Complete BioPsychoSocial, ACE’s Assessment and other mental health-related assessments as indicated.
- Keep case notes up to date.
- Provide hospital assessments, as needed.
- Provide end of shift report.
- Collaborate with teams including site, nursing, case management, substance abuse counselors, food service and transportation.
- Attend team meetings, site meetings, client care meetings and other meetings as needed and provide leadership, direction and oversight as needed.
- Drive to any IF location for coverage, trainings, support, as needed.
- Research and build relationships with agencies in the community for client resources and linkage.
- Collaborate with other Behavioral HealthTeam members to ensure the highest level of client care.
- Familiarization with supportive services in county/counties served, including but not limited to linking clients to outside therapy, psychiatry, substance use treatment, job training, schooling, church, AA/NA Meetings, etc.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Registered Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Current good standing with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- Two years of experience working with homeless, dual diagnosis population.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- starting at $55,000 for newly licensed
- starting at $60,000 for experienced