“Every person deserves compassion, dignity, and the safety of a place to call home.”
Homelessness is the largest social and public health crisis in California. Illumination Foundation (IF) is a growing non-profit organization dedicated towards disrupting the cycle of homelessness by providing targeted, interdisciplinary services in our recuperative care centers, emergency shelters, housing services and childrens' and family programs. IF currently has 13+ facilities with 22+ micro-communities scattered across Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire.
The Behavioral Health Therapist position provides therapeutic services and support to homeless clients at Illumination Foundation recuperative care sites, service sites and other sites as needed.
We have open positions at our sites located in Anaheim, CA and Fullerton, CA.
- Build rapport with and provide individual, family and group therapy to clients.
- Recognize the need for and provide crisis intervention.
- Complete BioPsychoSocial, ACE’s Assessment and other mental health-related assessments as indicated.
- Keep case notes up to date.
- Provide hospital assessments, as needed.
- Provide end of shift report.
- Collaborate with teams including site, nursing, case management, substance abuse counselors, food service and transportation.
- Attend team meetings, site meetings, client care meetings and other meetings as needed and provide leadership, direction and oversight as needed.
- Drive to any IF location for coverage, trainings, support, as needed.
- Research and build relationships with agencies in the community for client resources and linkage.
- Collaborate with other Behavioral HealthTeam members to ensure the highest level of client care.
- Familiarization with supportive services in county/counties served, including but not limited to linking clients to outside therapy, psychiatry, substance use treatment, job training, schooling, church, AA/NA Meetings, etc.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW)
- Current good standing with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- Two years of experience working with homeless, dual diagnosis population.
- Medical Insurance funded 80-94% by Illumination Foundation
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance funded 100% by Illumination Foundation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with Company Matching
- 15 days vacation PTO/year
- 6 days sick PTO/year
- 10 day PTO holidays/year