Illuminate Educational Therapy Group is seeking an educational therapist to join a thriving educational therapy private practice in Santa Monica, Calabasas, Sherman Oaks, and surrounding areas. Applicants should ideally have an ET certification (MA or Post-MA certificate), be in the process of earning one, or have a Master’s Degree in Special Education. Training in Orton-Gillingham, Barton, Lindamood-Bell, Wilson, or other intensive reading or writing programs would also be helpful!
Sessions are conducted one-on-one in our Santa Monica office or in the student's home locally in Santa Monica, Calabasas, Sherman Oaks, or surrounding areas. Students will have mild-to-moderate learning disabilities, ADHD, processing disorders, executive functioning deficits, or a combination of these issues. Educational Therapists who have experience with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive functioning disorder, 2e students, and students who may not "fit into a box" will be strongly considered for the position. Sessions will focus on academic coaching/executive functioning needs, reading (decoding, fluency, and comprehension), writing, etc. Learning goals will be aligned with neuropsychological report results, and sessions will be centered on achieving these goals. ETs will need to attune his/her teaching style to the students' learning style and be intuitive, flexible, and collaborative with parents and schools. Case/progress notes for each session will be recorded.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable with all ages and learning profiles, as often times we are called to work with high schoolers/older teens as well as elementary-aged kids who are just starting schooling.
The Educational Therapist will be paid hourly and will be considered an independent contractor.
- Ed Therapist Certification and/or MA in Special Education (in process considered) teaching/tutoring experience
- Ability to drive to student’s home for in-home appointments
- Familiarity with writing, math, and basic knowledge of middle/high school academics.
- Ability to read assessment reports, formulate learning goals, manage a learning profile, document progress, and collaborate with allied professionals as needed.
- Write progress reports and session notes
- Have a warm, fun, engaging personality - ability to naturally establish rapport with students who may be a little bit resistant to support at first.