The more schools we’re in, the bigger the difference we’re making for students and educators. For this reason, we’re seeking a Account Executive to grow our presence in NYC through presenting Illuminate’s value proposition to decision-makers in the K12 education space. This individual will be responsible for driving new business through presenting Illuminate’s platforms with a consultative sales approach. The AE must be passionate about education and Illuminate’s product, and must possess a proven track record of working collaboratively to identify and penetrate major market opportunities.
- Call on existing schools and school districts to discuss new products in conjunction with marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Call prospective new schools and school districts to introduce them to the company, gain an understanding of their needs, and determine the best product(s) to address their needs.
- Become an expert on the company's products, the issues faced by district administrators, school leaders and teachers in the classroom, and the latest trends within the designated territory.
- Remain current on educator challenges and trends in K-12 education by attending sales meetings, trade shows and by reading trade journals.
- Increase sales and average order size by cross-selling, up-selling, and add-on sales.
- Regularly conduct web demonstrations of the company's products.
- Follow-up on all leads in a timely manner.
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Setting-up, maintaining and keeping accurate customer records within the CRM system (Salesforce).
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and prospects.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise-level educational sales.
- Strong public speaking, presentation and web demo skills.
- Experience in a SaaS-based sales environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, web-based presentation tools, sales contact management systems (Salesforce).