Group Manager - Sourcing
Illume Candles Osseo, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ILLUME is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of high-quality branded and private-label home fragrance and personal care products. ILLUME is located in Maple Grove, Minnesota and housed in a state-of-the-art Corporate Office, Distribution and Manufacturing facility.
Our products are marketed worldwide, available in 4,500 specialty and department stores, and known for quality, style, and trend. Our proven track record for unmatched design, execution, and delivery has grown ILLUME into a top global turn-key supplier of private label home fragrance and body care for retailers at the forefront of their categories including, among others, Anthropologie, West Elm, Madewell, J. Crew, and Target as well as our own Direct to Consumer platforms: www.illumecandles.com and www.good-chemistry.com
The Group Manager - Sourcing will lead, manage, and direct the strategic sourcing and vendor management processes for the company and account goals, including project assessment, strategy development, supplier evaluation and negotiation of terms to meet quality, cost, performance, and supplier diversity targets. They will provide direct support on new initiatives and sourcing of new technologies. This individual will lead the Sourcing team and work with the Purchasing teams to develop sourcing strategies, supplier communications, request for proposals (and related due diligence), cost analytics, category strategies, supply market analysis, deal strategy, pricing strategy, deal negotiations (contract terms and conditions, scopes of work, pricing, service levels, etc.), contract development, and contract administration. They will oversee the Sourcing team, and will be accountable for effectively managing, mentoring, and developing a team of world-class Sourcing associates. The Group Manager will be a key stakeholder and decision-maker for Sourcing projects.
Our ideal Group Manager is driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment through streamlining systems and processes to support our aggressive growth. They lead through example, creating a collaborative and supportive environment that produces results.
- LMA Lead, Manage & Accountability
- Strategic Sourcing to support new initiatives and ongoing portfolio
- Developing & Executing Company Sourcing Strategy (vendor matrix management)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage & accountability for the overall performance of the Sourcing team.
- Hire, train, and manage Sourcing team employees.
- Lead Sourcing team by setting department goals, meeting regularly with individuals to discuss, prioritize and assign work/projects and connecting as a functional group to discuss work/projects and share progress to department goals.
- Manage team with proper onboarding, coaching/career development, performance management, and conducting quarterly feedback sessions.
- Develop robust sourcing and purchasing processes and instill process rigor and discipline.
- Motivate and influence teams to always strive for excellence in performance.
- Oversee development and approval on all programs with foreign and domestic vendors.
- Ensure all programs are clearly defined with expectations and execution.
- Lead vendor negotiations.
Strategic Sourcing to support new initiatives and ongoing portfolio
- Collaborate with the creative department and package development to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities.
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes.
- Conduct market research, as well as create cost estimates and forecasts.
- Develop negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals.
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques, as well as negotiate contracts that comply with industry regulations.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Maintain strategic sourcing relationships and develop strong partnerships.
- Interface with Creative, Sales, Technical Services and R&D as well as other departments as required to lead, support, and accelerate project timetables.
- Travel to vendors and clients as needed.
Developing & Executing Company Sourcing Strategy (vendor matrix management)
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies that support the larger organizational objectives for service, cost, cash, and responsiveness.
- Optimize both the geographic supplier spread and number of suppliers per commodity category such that it leverages scale of spend, supports responsiveness, and minimizes total delivered cost and working capital.
- Evaluate sourcing procedures and present improvement strategies to senior management for approval.
- Negotiate contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality.
- Lead the qualification and management of vendor matrix.
- Work with and support the Purchasing team in the implantation of vendor performance management and strategic partnerships such as Make and Hold agreements and vendor managed inventory.
- Analyze and negotiate costs in collaboration with Product Execution to meet and exceed customer and company margin goals.
- On-board and develop existing vendor relationships.
- Analyze and calculate procurement costs, develop cost reduction strategies, and suggest methods to decrease expenditure (total delivered cost).
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency, cost, and cash.
- Develop sourcing tactics for new development, including cost negotiations.
- Source new materials, resources and trends.
- Deliver new product formats, treatments, and vessels annually by cycle.
- Provide direction for continuous improvement efforts.
- Find effective solutions for all customers in order to meet ILLUME's margin requirements.
- Seek out and develop sourcing strategies for component, packaging, and finished good products.
- Analyze specs for product costing that meet ILLUME's margin requirements.
- Drive quoting, sampling, and prototype samples to timelines to ensure deliverables are being met.
- Review prototypes from various sample stages to ensure design and quality standards are being met.
- Manage vendor matrix including audits and compliance requirements.
- Manage day-to-day activities internally in order to plan for and achieve cost-effective procurement and timely delivery of new product releases and replenishment programs.
- Understand the technical aspects of key material production and component cost drivers, and use creativity in developing product components to achieve cost and margin goals.
- Responsible for mitigating potential quality and technical issues throughout the development process and assisting in the resolution of quality issues that arise during production of final goods.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, finance, logistics, or in a related field
- At least four years' procurement experience in the FMCG, CPG, or related industry
- CSCP, CPSM, CIPS, CSCM, or CSCMP certification preferred
- Proficiency in sourcing and vendor management software
- Superb leadership and communication skills
- Advanced ability to collaborate and negotiate
- Experienced at negotiating contracts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to develop, promote, and maintain strategic sourcing relationships
- Strong understanding of retail strategy
- Adept at juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and a great collaborator
- Solid experience and relationships with international vendors
- Strong fundamental understanding of product development process, sourcing procedures and current market trends
WHAT MAKES ILLUME A GREAT PLACE TO WORK:
- Talented and Committed colleagues
- Values-based company
- Growing company = Opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Challenging and casual work environment
- Medical, dental, life, disability, 401k plan, great PTO plan + holiday pay
- Anniversary program, department and company-wide celebrations
ILLUME is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are not accepting candidate profiles from agencies at this time and this role is not open for relocation assistance. Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship.
ILLUME participates in E-Verify. Through participation in the E-Verify program, ILLUME electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number of all new hires.
BusinessView all jobs at Illume Candles