R&D Technician in Greenville, SC at ITW Specialty Products
Date Posted: 12/3/2019
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Job Type: Skilled Labor - Trades
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 12/3/2019
ITW's Specialty Products segment is composed of diverse businesses whose differentiated and proprietary technology meets the needs of large customers with specific solution requirements. Specialty Products businesses include consumer packaging solutions like zippers on resealable bags and multi-packaging carriers (six-pack rings), software, and equipment for warehouse automation, single-use products for the medical industry, aircraft ground support equipment, and coating and metalizing businesses for the branding and security markets. These diverse businesses all operate in global, high-value, niche markets where ITW expertise and technology provide value-added, differentiated solutions for customers.
ITW Marking & Coding
R&D Technician Duties
ITW Hartness is looking for a Machinist/ Mechanical Technician to work in our R&D Prototype shop. This technician will need to run a mill, lathe, saw, grinder, and drill press to meet prototype shop and production requirements for parts needed daily. This individual will also build, test, and troubleshoot prototype machinery. This employee will also occasionally provide service for customers and interface with customers.
What you will do:
- You will receive orders from the Prototype shop manager and make parts in the shop with material provided.
- You will diagnose errors and technical problems to determine proper solutions as well as produce timely and detailed service reports.
- You will collaborate with the technical team and share information across the organization to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
- You will satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Ability work well within a team environment to produce quality materials for our production and manufacturing teams
- Understanding of safety rules of the shop and the equipment
- Understanding of basic AC/DC circuits and cable size.
- Strong understanding of blue prints, electrical symbols, and electrical schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot and find the root cause of issues as well as think logically about solutions
- Aptitude with machine diagnostics, functionality, and equipment testing
- Physical ability to regularly lift 35 lbs., bend and twist, stand and/or walk for an entire 10 - 12-hour shift.
- Able to work overtime or travel on occasion with short notice, less than 5% travel
- Some PLC background, along with basic electrical troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic components knowledge
- Associates Degree in a related field (such as Machine Tool Technology courses) or equivalent certifications
- 6 Years of related machining experience
- Experience with manual milling
- Proficiency with reading blueprints and measuring tools
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness' world class equipment is designed to our customers' goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company's unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com .
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.