Maintenance Technician in Alexander City, AL at ITW Food Equipment Group
Date Posted: 4/30/2019
- Location: Alexander City, AL
- Job Type: Skilled Labor - Trades
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 4/30/2019
ITW's Food Equipment segment
designs and manufactures advanced ware wash (dishwashing), cooking,
refrigeration, and food processing equipment and provides service for institutional,
industrial, restaurant, and retail customers around the world. ITW's food
equipment businesses are highly branded with industry-leading positions
differentiated by innovation and unique, integrated service offerings. These
well-known brands meet the needs of their global customers by focusing on the
industry's most critical issues and trends: sustainability, ease of use,
performance, and on-site service. At ITW Food Equipment Group, people and food are our passion. We believe great food brings people together, and the relationships we share feed our inspiration to be the best we can be for one another.
Our family of premium brands has been dedicated for more than a century to supporting those who are not only passionate about creating great food, but are inspired by the people they serve and come to know on a daily basis.
Key Brandings include:
ITW Food Equipment
Hobart Birmingham is hiring Refrigeration Technicians. Are you mechanically and electrically inclined? Do you like providing customers with quality service solutions? Join our team and become a part of the leading nationwide provider of commercial food equipment service.
Who are we?
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, and Respect.
About the opportunity:
- You will work with customers to electrically/mechanically troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain a variety of commercial food equipment.
- You will typically leave from home each morning and work with minimal direct supervision at customer sites.
- You will meet or surpass weekly productivity and customer-oriented goals while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- You must have 0-2 years of similar electrical/mechanical experience
- You must have an accredited High School Diploma or GED
- You must have a valid Driver's License and ability to drive multiple hours daily
- You should be able to work Overtime and On-Call as required
- You must be able to attend our industry-leading training at our corporate headquarters in Troy, OH
- Refrigeration Certification Preferred
- Lifting 50-75 lbs. with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 8 ft. with ladder
- Occasional roof access may be necessary
- Extensive walking up to 3-5 miles/day
- Extensive driving up to 5-6 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet, dirty conditions
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.