SENIOR PUBLIC SERVICE ADMIN - Executive Deputy Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60605
DCFS is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children. Our goal is to protect children by strengthening and supporting families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus.
Agency: Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 01/31/2023
Salary: $4,295 - $12,760 (anticipated starting salary $11,000 - $12,863)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
County: Adams; Alexander; Bond; Boone; Brown; Bureau; Calhoun; Carroll; Cass; Champaign; Christian; Clark; Clay; Clinton; Coles; Cook; Crawford; Cumberland; DeKalb; DeWitt; Douglas; DuPage; Edgar; Edwards; Effingham; Fayette; Ford; Franklin; Fulton; Gallatin; Greene; Grundy; Hamilton; Hancock; Hardin; Henderson; Henry; Iroquois; Jackson; Jasper; Jefferson; Jersey; Jo Daviess; Johnson; Kane; Kankakee; Kendall; Knox; LaSalle; Lake; Lawrence; Lee; Livingston; Logan; Macon; Macoupin; Madison; Marion; Marshall; Mason; Massac; McDonough; McHenry; McLean; Menard; Mercer; Monroe; Montgomery; Morgan; Moultrie; Ogle; Peoria; Perry; Piatt; Pike; Pope; Pulaski; Putnam; Randolph; Richland; Rock Island; Saline; Sangamon; Schuyler; Scott; Shelby; St. Clair; Stark; Stephenson; Tazewell; Union; Vermilion; Wabash; Warren; Washington; Wayne; White; Whiteside; Will; Williamson; Winnebago; Woodford
Number of Vacancies: 1
Plan/BU: Exempt under 4d(1), (2), (3), or (6) Gubernatorial (Management Bill) 000
This position is being filled statewide the location of the position is yet to be determined.
****A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING****
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), a copy of your transcripts or diploma for all degrees
earned, and a copy of any applicable professional licensures to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your
application. Please note that the Department of Children and Family Services must verify proof of higher education for
any degree earned (if applicable) before any offer can be extended. You WILL NOT be considered for the
position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document in lieu of a Resume or CV.
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Executive Deputy Director. This position will formulate, develop, and implement statewide policies, programs, and operations for the Department and provide administrative direction and oversight to the Department’s executive management team, including the DCFS Guardian and Chief Deputy Directors. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about children and interested in being a leader in the administration of the Department’s direct service programs. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong leadership skills. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.
1. Serves as Executive Deputy Director
2. Provides administrative direction and oversight to the Department's executive management team
3. Plans, develops, and directs special Department programs recommended by the Director
4. Serves as full line supervisor of subordinate supervisory staff
5. With authority to commit the Department to a specific course of action, represents the Director before other state agencies and governmental entities, the Governor's Office, private and public organizations, and other community and professional groups to discuss and develop plans for new or revised policies, programs, and services and to explain and interpret Department policies, programs, and objectives
6. As a member of the Director's Executive Staff, provides major input into all Department level policy discussions
7. Develops and implements appropriate controls relative to Department staffing
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
1. Requires knowledge, skills, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college
2. Requires four years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a public or business organization
1. 6 years of experience supervising professional staff
2. 5 years of professional experience in the oversight of a large program with multiple sites or multiple teams of subordinate professional staff
3. 4 years of professional experience in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
4. 4 years of professional experience conducting planning activities for a social work program on a regional or statewide bases in a management capacity
5. 4 years of professional experience conducting community outreach as a representative of a public or business organization
1. Requires the ability to pass a background check
2. Requires possession of a valid driver's license and ability to travel
Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Work Location: To Be Determined
Agency Contact for Questions Only:
Job Family: Social Services; Administration/Management
Certain provisions of the revolving door restrictions contained in 5 ILCS 430/5-45 apply to this
position. As a result, the employee should be aware that if offered non-State employment during
State employment or within one year immediately after ending State employment, the employee shall,
prior to accepting any such non-State employment offer, notify the Office of the Executive
Inspector General for the Agencies of the Illinois Governor (“OEIG”) or may be subject to a fine.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses:
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
Get fresh Deputy Director of Public Works jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.