Senior Director of Development
Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Have you successfully created and executed fundraising programs with a track record of engaging various recurring donors? We seek an experienced, results oriented development professional to create and execute sustainable systems. This role will have a direct impact on ICIRR's work in supporting immigrant and refugee rights and the underserved community by overseeing our donor relations program, managing our fundraising initiatives and playing a strategic role in shaping and implementing development strategy. We seek a leader who will develop and execute our overall fundraising efforts.
For 30+ years, Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights' (ICIRR) mission has been to promote the full and equal participation of immigrants and refugees in the political, civic and economic life of our diverse society. In partnership with our member organizations, ICIRR educates and organizes immigrant and refugee communities to assert their rights; promotes citizenship and civic participation; monitors, analyzes, and advocates on immigrant-related issues; and, informs the general public about the contributions of immigrants and refugees. For more information about ICIRR, please visit us at www.icirr.org.
The Senior Director of Development will be responsible for shaping and implementing development strategy and advancing the overall fundraising efforts of the organization. This role will report directly to the CEO and working with and interacting with the Board of Directors and Board Development Committee to achieve and support the goals and mission of our organization.
- Create a culture of fundraising within the organization to support all staff, board and members in donor engagement and support
- Prioritize key actions for the CEO and Board and staff to cultivate, solicit and steward new donors
- Set and meet annual revenue and fundraising goals, including cultivation and stewardship goals as well as new donor and retention goals.
- Develop and oversee implementation of an annual fund development plan each year.
- Implement a major gifts program that includes donor recognition and a system for moving donor commitments forward
- Create collateral and marketing materials to support donor cultivation across all media and formats.
- Oversee the work of the Grants Director, who is in charge of proposal and report writing for national and local foundation partners, along with 1-2 other Development staff.
- Assess, implement and manage fundraising and development platforms to ensure that ICIRR has selected one that best supports long-term individual donor development
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years' experience in multi-pronged fundraising strategy and individual and major gift programs
- Ability to effectively develop and execute a multi-pronged fundraising strategy
- Experience with individual giving and major gifts programs for a multi-million dollar organization
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, listening and collaborative skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills, including excellent speaking, editing and proofreading skills
- Proven successful experience in building donor relationships.
- Experience assessing, managing and sustaining individual donor platforms/databases.
- A track record of success working with local, state and national funders is preferred
- Skilled in articulating the vision and mission of the organization
- Highly organized, creative and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
ICIRR Offers: In support of our co-workers, we offer 100% company paid HMO, vacation/personal/sick days with an additional paid week at the end of the calendar year and 403b matching. After four years of service our co-workers are eligible for a (60) day sabbatical.
Interviews: Will be conducted virtually and onsite
Position Location: Presently, due to Covid, the position will be located remotely. At a future date, the position will be located at our offices in downtown Chicago.
If you share our passion and dedication for promoting the rights of immigrants and refugees and seek a strategic role where your fundraising expertise will have an impact than we would like to speak with you!
To Apply: For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter by clicking the apply button.
ICIRR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Development Manager, Development Specialist, Development Director, Non-profit Development, Fundraising/Development, Major Donor Relations, Fundraising Mgr, Director of Development