Executive Assistant to the CEO (non-profit)
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Location: Initially fully remote; at a future date will transition into a hybrid schedule of remote and onsite in our downtown Chicago location.
- 100% company paid medical (HMO), Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance
- Two weeks paid vacation first year (accrued), three weeks paid vacation year two, and 4 weeks paid vacation after three years of employment
- 8 Paid holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Year's Day is paid
- 403b matching
- After 4 years of service our co-workers are eligible for a 60 day paid sabbatical
Are you an experienced executive assistant seeking a new position where your contribution will make a difference? If so, here's an opportunity to work with a dynamic leader and team in a mission driven organization? If so, we encourage you to apply!
ICIRR is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide administrative support and assistance to the Chief Executive Officer and ICIRR as an organization. The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Development Director on Board and other issues that are in the CEO/Executive Director's sphere.
The Illinois Coalition for Immigrant & Refugee Rights (ICIRR) is a coalition of more than 130 member organizations that works through its membership (community organizations, labor unions, religious institutions, social service agencies, ethnic associations, etc.) to build power and advance a pro-immigrant platform at local, state, and national levels. The ICIRR mission is to promote the full and equal participation of immigrants and refugees in the political, civic and economic life of our diverse society. In partnership with our member organizations, ICIRR educates and organizes immigrant and refugee communities to assert their rights; promotes citizenship and civic participation; monitors, analyzes, and advocates on immigrant-related issues; and, informs the general public about the contributions of immigrants and refugees.
We have a strong team with a diverse range of skills and an even more diverse range of nationalities and life experiences. As a mission-driven, justice organization, we hold ourselves to high standards, and we take our work very seriously. We know that if we do our jobs well, people from our communities will suffer less and have more opportunity to build the kind of lives they want for their families. www.icirr.org
- Provides intensive calendar management and scheduling for the CEO/ED and office
- Answers and screens telephone calls, email/electronic communications and provides summaries to CEO/ED; responds accordingly
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail for CEO/ED
- Assists the CEO/ED with preparation of and coordinates materials for Board meetings, executive committee meetings and presentations
- Organizes CEO/ED travel arrangements
- Manages CEO/ED's business documentation and files
- Enter CEO/ED's contact in the database and keep timely records of all interactions
- Help coordinate funder and donor meetings
- Ensure timely and personal thank you for contributions made by CEO/ED contacts
- Manages projects as assigned by CEO/ED
- Actively participate in all Staff Meetings
- Assist with ICIRR activities and events, organizational membership management and maintain ICIRR calendar of events
Qualifications: We seek an individual who is reliable, diligent, task driven and detail oriented with the following:
- 3+ years experience as an executive assistant, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Bilingual language fluency; Spanish preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; follow through on issues in a timely
- Discretion and confidentiality best practices
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills a must; Salesforce data management experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Experience working with immigrant communities
To apply: send cover letter with your resume, and names with affiliation of two (2) professional references to the apply button.
Key words: Exec Sec Admin, Executive Admin, EA, AA, Administrative, Exec Secretary, Exec Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?