Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisory/administrative staff, employees, the membership and guests.
· Direct and oversee the activities of the Membership and control its budget sales and attrition.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions) Develop and implement programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in the Club. Represent the Club in its relationships with numerous external constituencies.
· Maintains the Club’s database (membership register) of members’ files.
· Develops and ensures that established procedures for processing prospective members’ applications are consistently followed.
· Plans and implements strategies to meet Club membership goals.
· Processes all requests for and transfers of membership.
· Assists prospective members in fulfilling application requirements.
· Conducts tours for prospective members.
· Conducts orientation program for new members.
· Promotes Club activities using social media, table tents, newsletters, direct mail flyers, notices on the Club website and other means.
· Coordinates with the Events Manager the updating of the Club’s master calendar and attends Club social events and outside tournaments.
· Maintains online member directory and Clubster database.
· Holds prospective member functions.
· Calls and requests active members to make personal referrals and to assist with recruitment efforts. Processes member resignations; develops reports and undertakes special projects as applicable if membership retention problems arise.
· Determines markets to be canvassed for qualified individuals and completes and maintains perpetual member invitee roster.
· Assesses the need for and makes recommendations regarding membership classifications to help ensure that the needs of ever-changing markets are met.
· Personally meets each Club member and instills confidence that the Club is operated in the best interests of the membership.
· Serves on applicable Club committees to assure members’ interests are consistently addressed.
· Follows-up on telemarketing efforts, member referrals, leads from staff, social media, newspaper articles, lists, publications, etc.
· Organizes production of membership kits for sales calls, “blitzes” and direct mail activities.
· Researches the need for ongoing sales promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc.
· Tracks the success and overall performance of all membership activities.
· Coordinates all Club public relations efforts, members’ newsletters, news and media events, use of social media, and club promotional materials.
· Conducts annual club survey on membership dues, equity, practices and fees. Attends management and staff meetings.
· Develops and adheres to a departmental budget; after approval, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
· Reports approved new members to the Controller to initiate proper administration of their memberships; ensures that applications are completely and properly filled out, that initiation fees are collected and that new members understand the privileges and costs of becoming a member, post new members to Club bulletin board.
· Provides notices and agenda for and invites and maintains minutes of the club’s membership committee.
· Works with the Food and Beverage Department as needed to coordinate special member events.
· Takes photographs of members at social events.
· Surveys other clubs for information useful in setting and revising Club membership policies.
· Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all member information.
· Is present during Club operating hours and events to assist in meeting and greeting members and guests.
· Completes other appropriate assignments made by the General Manager.