- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Here at Sextant Stays in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, the Maintenance Specialist - Painter position, is a crucial part of our team in helping ensure our guests have a memorable experience by doing whatever it takes to provide a problem-free stay!
This position will perform maintenance tasks at multiple properties within the area.
The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Tech will be through superb fieldwork, including (but not limited to): Maintaining and repairing defects within the building and guest rooms. Should be proficient in Painting.
The Maintenance Tech's performance will be based on your ability to complete tasks efficiently and without supervision, problem-solve independently, prioritize tasks, implement processes, and communicate effectively.
Additionally, you can expect to do the following during your scheduled shifts:
- Respond promptly to defects/requests in guest rooms, ensuring guest satisfaction and resolution.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance on building and guest rooms.
- Perform general maintenance tasks (specifically Painting).
- Assist with contractor requests as needed.
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around the building—conduct walk-through observations of the entire premises.
- Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity.
- Memorize and monitor the life safety system installed at the property, including the layout of the entire building, alarm pull stations, fire extinguisher, and sprinklers.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work regularly.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Be willing to "pitch in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit and continuously perform essential job functions for the duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergencies with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or otherwise move goods weighing 150 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Practical verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, co-workers, the public, etc.
What We Are Looking For:
- Work experience in hospitality maintenance is preferred.
- Proficiency in Painting.
- Organized, hardworking, ownership mentality, and detail-oriented.
- Experience (either professional or personal) working with your hands-on maintenance or DYI projects.
- Interacting professionally and responsibly with guests, management, and vendors.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude who can work effectively in a team and independently.
- Unintimidated by using mobile apps while in the field for team collaboration and communication (experience with Slack, Google Suite).
- Flexible schedule and is open to working evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Use of a personal vehicle, valid DriDriver'scense, clean driving record, and proof of insurance are strongly preferred.
What we offer you in return for your dedication and hard work is a rewarding benefits package that includes:Wellness:
- Health Insurance.
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time.
Plan for the Future:
- 401(k) Retirement plan - Sextant Stays Matches 100% up to 3% of your salary. 401(k) is fully vested upon the first contribution.
Rewarding Hard Work:
- Incentive-based bonus program.
You are going to love being a part of the Sextant Stays team!
Sextant strives to drive the vacation rental industry forward with precise exploration. We believe that bringing people together and sharing a feeling of community elevates the world. Every one of our properties is hand-selected and fully renovated. Based in Miami, with an expanding inventory, we offer unique vacation rentals for sophisticated, modern travelers. We are a fast-paced, growing vacation rental company based in Miami, Florida. Check us out at www.sextantstays.com.
Ildar Ventures LLCMiami, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.