Chief Financial Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
You will be a key business partner to the CEO, the board, and the senior executive leadership team. You will manage an international organization and be directly responsible for all Strategic Finance matters: resource allocation, capital raises, accounting, financial reporting, finance planning and analysis, key metrics, and investor relations.
- Provide strategic leadership to the CEO and the executive team
- Lead and develop our team of outstanding finance and accounting professionals
- Create investment, budgeting, fundraising, and cash management strategies that maximize shareholder value
- Lead capital raises (private or public), including creating a fundraising strategy, managing financial discussions with investors, coordinating diligence processes, and negotiating key investment terms
- Strengthen relationships with existing and prospective investors by proactively reaching out to evangelize Brain’s story
- Implement compliance strategies that are appropriate for each stage of the business, with an eye toward IPO readiness
- Manage internal and external relationships with a wide range of constituents including the board of directors, employees, investment bankers, investors, commercial bankers, business partners, vendors, customers, lawyers, and audit professionals.
- Positively influence the company culture by demonstrating our values consistently
- Manage the cap table, including the option pool budget
- Identify opportunities to create shareholder value
- You are an inspiring business leader who quickly earns trust and credibility with employees, investors, customers, and directors
- You have many years of experience as either (1) a CFO in VC- or PE-backed subscription revenue companies, or (2) an investment banker focused on growth-stage technology companies
- You have deep expertise in capital markets, capital structures, and fundraising
- You have demonstrated success managing early-stage chaos and mid-stage scaling
- You are an expert in selecting and instrumenting business metrics and driving improvement through measurement and reporting
- You have a working understanding of IPO processes and public company compliance requirements
- You have an expert understanding of business systems and processes needed to support innovative SaaS business models
- You are a world-class communicator with an ability to deliver inspiration as well as hard, clear facts
- You think quickly on your feet and maintain composure in the face of pressure
- You are a realistic optimist: you combine a positive attitude with an honest assessment of the challenges in front of you
This job is on-site in San Diego, California Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. On Mondays and Fridays, we work from wherever we are most productive.
- Customer-Focus: We are committed to listening and responding with a sense of urgency to the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Simplicity: We believe in simplicity, efficiency, and pragmatism. Complexity is our enemy.
- Staying Curious: We do not default to the status quo and know we can do better. We believe that the best ideas win and that many of those ideas have not yet been imagined.
- Disagree and Commit: We maintain that disagreements and debate are essential for arriving at the right decision; however, we have a bias towards quick decision-making. Once a decision is made, we will honor and commit to it but will pivot when necessary.
- Accountability: We have high standards and follow through. Colleagues can rely on us and we deliver results.
- Shared Purpose: We advocate that work should be fun and collaborative. We believe in humility, kindness, and respect in all our interactions. We embrace a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion for all.
- Hustle: We approach each challenge with energy, enthusiasm, and responsiveness.
Powered by JazzHR
Ignite Human Capital
AddressSan Diego, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Ignite Human Capital