- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position is responsible for technical planning, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, administration and engineering of Client networks. Position will be responsible for installing and optimizing systems for performance, availability, fault tolerance and security. Position will require some after-hours monitoring and response to service outages and alerts.
· Design and optimize server systems for performance availability, fault tolerance, and security using automation when possible.
· Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain VMware clusters following VMware,and Server best practices. Maintain hardware, firmware, and software patches to ensure a stable compute platform. Leverage VMware DRS, HA, and Fault Tolerance to ensure acceptable availability of server resources.
· Configure, troubleshoot and maintain Microsoft Active Directory. Define and setup user accounts and security; create and maintain network volume and directory structure within Active Directory. Manage Group Policy changes and review GPO settings routinely to ensure compliance with college acceptable use and security practices.
· Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain Microsoft Exchange email system following Microsoft best practices.
· Configure, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain enterprise anti-malware and content filtering systems.
· Consult with technical support peers and vendor technicians and provide leadership to investigate and resolve complex network problems.
· Manage the enterprise backup and restore operations to ensure adequate backup and restorability of server systems and data.
· Establish and document technology standards.
· Make recommendations to management concerning the acquisition of enterprise solutions, including hardware and software.
· Investigate and test new versions, patches, and fixes for servers to mitigate risk prior to production implementation.
· Utilize the Change Management process to manage network changes and minimize the impact on the customer.
· Lead efforts to review the design of server systems and determine if changes would improve operational efficiency.
· Monitor, analyze, and optimize storage systems for performance, availability, fault tolerance, and security using automation where possible.
· Develop and provide responsive resolution of technical problems and issues utilizing the helpdesk ticketing system. Promptly research, document, and report hardware/software failures to the appropriate technical support person or vendor representative using established procedures.
· Lead and consult with technical support peers and vendor technicians to investigate and resolve complex network problems.
· Responsible for capacity planning for server, vitalization environment, and storage systems
· Provide system administration for server and desktop platforms as well as any other technologies.
· Lead technical cross-functional teams to test, evaluate, implement, and support server and/or platform technologies.
· Evaluate proposals for technical and/or customer-driven projects and make recommendations concerning all technical aspects
· Research, recommend, and obtain quotes for hardware, software and services for the budgeting expense process.
· Manage technical projects effectively, utilizing best practices, thorough documentation, and project management tools.
· Recommend and /or direct the selection of proper resources and applications to best meet business requirements.
Provide a high level of customer service and communicate effectively.
· Configure, implement, and support DNS and DHCP
· Participate in network infrastructure administration and support for network switches, routers/firewall and wireless
· Lead, observe, evaluate, and provide feedback to other technical staff and technical project teams. Provide coaching and training as necessary.
· Conduct formal/informal systems hardware/software training sessions for computer operations and support personnel in a timely manner.
· Respond to requests to provide technical assistance in desktop, helpdesk and other areas that may be in other technical disciplines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge in configuring and maintaining Microsoft cluster nodes.
· Ability to interact with a diverse client base.
· Project management/leadership experience.
· Strong ability to maintain and process confidential information including passwords, access lists, and other sensitive data.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related area from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent combination of education and occupational experience.
· Experience directly managing VMware ESXi architecture supporting enterprise vitalization environments. Direct experience supporting DRS, vDistributed Switches, High Availability, and Fault Tolerance.
· Experience with recent direct experience installing and maintaining server hardware and software for Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 R2.
· Experience supporting Windows 7/Windows 10 and Office 2010/2013/2016 software.
· Technical certifications such as A+, Networking +, CCNA, CCNP, VCP, MCITP, MCTS desired.
Ignatek LLCWhy Work Here?
Great fun atmosphere that is comitted to growing its customer base as well as their employees.
Ignatek, LLC, dba Ignite Technologies, is a small consulting firm that is dedicated to providing professionalism and top-notch maintenance to support organizations with their technology-based services.
2300 E. Racine St. JanesvilleJanesville, WI
TechnologyView all jobs at Ignatek LLC