This position is responsible for warehouse shipping (outbound), receiving (incoming), and inventory management support (record keeping and accuracy), packaging and light production/assembly work. While working under the supervision of the CIO/CTO, this position works with a great deal of independence to establish daily and weekly work order priorities and perform related work as required. This position is for approximately 20 hours a week.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for processing all inbound shipments including, but not limited to, the following: Unpacks and analyzes incoming shipments to identify damage, shortages, or non-conforming product, and records and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages, shortages and non-conforming product issues, comparing and verifying the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders,
- Responsible for processing of all outbound shipments including, but not limited to, the following: Preparing items for shipment, including packaging items with spacers, fillers, and protective padding as needed, arranging for carrier package pickups and LTL palletized shipment pickups, and sealing packages with shipping labels, packing slips, and necessary shipping information.
- Manages and completes Return to Vendor/RMA shipments as needed, keeping complete and accurate records
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates that align with sales order requirements
- Ensures that shipments are delivered accordingly to due dates and schedules.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Performs asset disposal following company process, and in conjunction with Operations.
- Follows established processes, identifying areas of improvement and efficiency, updating those processes accordingly
- Keeps warehouse clean, organized and orderly
- Assists Production Team with light assembly requirements including light system imaging, asset tagging finished goods, and integration of components.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years of Shipping and Handling Experience
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Outlook, as well as general computer aptitude
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds on a daily basis; 80 pounds on occasion
Abilities and Attributes Needed for the Position:
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized, efficient
- Ability to multi-task