The Loss Prevention & Asset Protection Specialist is primarily responsible for preventing financial loss caused by theft and fraud and supporting safety, maintaining strict security. They utilize tools to minimize loss to the Company, including but not limited to identifying incidents of theft and fraud, monitoring the store’s physical security and auditing.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Do surveillance for stores and gas stations through security cameras with orientation theft and fraud, secondary safety. Also, corporate office and Campo Rico.
· Camera Monitoring Report.
· Report on attempted theft, fraud, robbery perpetrated by customer, employees or third parties.
· Report on fall, slips, bumps or any other situation deemed as incident in which involved a customer or third parties.
· Report employees’ accidents.
· Report to surveillance companies and burglar, fire alarms of technical difficulties that may need service.
· Make police reports for theft, fraud, robbery, and breaking entering.
· Monitor hood cleaning and inform alarm central station.
· Create and delete alarm access code.
· Change access codes every three months.
· Provide footage to law enforcement.
· Monitor alarms burglar. Fire for Stores, Gas Stations, Corporate Office, Campo Rico and Equipment Warehouse.
· Monitor web portals of mysonitrol.net and Cox business detection portal.
· Monitor compliance to operational safety and physical security standards.
· Monitor departments operations daily to check any violations of company policies regarding safety and property and personal hazards.
· Make weather reports weekly for Corporate Office, Stores, Gas Stations, Campo Rico and Campo Rico Providers.
· Provide security guidelines to managers through meetings.
· Visit stores to verify guidelines, and surveillance, detection is working properly.
· Get quotes, proposal on surveillance detection providers.
· Handle projects related to surveillance and detection to current Stores, Gas Stations, Corporate Office, Campo Rico and upcoming.
· Advise stores and gas stations on development of loss prevention investigation procedures.
· Collaborate with law enforcement to investigate and solve external theft or fraud cases.
· Investigate or interview individual suspected of theft, fraud, robbery or shoplifting whether customer or employees.
· Recommend improvements in loss prevention programs.
· Maintain data base such as report of offender and alarm triggers, related to security and safety.
· Make and verify cashier performance report.
· Light travel is required
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as necessary
· Effective communication and strong organizational skills required
· Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks in a high-volume environment
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to operate equipment such as radios, surveillance equipment and telephones
· Demonstrate integrity at all times
· Focused on store specific business objectives while supporting key asset protection and operational responsibilities
IDEAL MARKET stocks an extensive selection of products from Latin America, including goods from countries such as Honduras, Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Perú, and Brazil as well as a wide variety of Cuban, Spanish, and other Caribbean products.
Why Work Here?In just a few words, Ideal Market's success can be attributed to our commitment to people: our customers, employees and collaborators. IDEAL MARKET stocks an extensive selection of products from Latin America, including goods from countries such as Honduras, Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Perú, and Brazil as well as a wide variety of Cuban, Spanish, and other Caribbean products.
Leadership Opportunity In a Growing Industry