We are seeking an Outside Sales Associate to join our team! Outside Sales Associates are an essential part of the Ideal Electrical Supply Corporation distribution network. As Ideal grows, so does our demand for hardworking, dependable, passionate people to join our team. Outside Sales Associates cover all sales functions in an assigned territory: forecast, manage new and existing customer accounts, seek out sales opportunities, negotiate and interface with customers and suppliers, and prepare periodic reports as required, all while adhering to company sales policies and procedures. We pride ourselves in the work that we do every day and want you to feel valued and a part of our team.
- Develops new and current customer accounts by marketing company product lines and offering value-added services and availability information to customers through visiting the customer facility or contacting by phone.
- Provides new and current customers with product information including pricing, delivery, inventory stocking, and/or backorder availability functionally equivalent cross matches and value-added product information.
- Negotiates and establishes sales quotes based on volume of products purchased and nature of marketplace to effectively offer competitive pricing and ensure the highest profitability. Then follows up on quotation (by phone or visit) submitted to customers.
- Under general guidelines, exercises independent judgment and responsibility of resale orders profitability.
- Evaluates problem accounts or orders. Work with appropriate personnel to develop strategies, tactics and contingency plans to obtain desired market share. Recommends deviations from standard policies and procedures such as pre-purchase approvals for payment terms, discounts and freight charges.
- Submits weekly activity/call reports concerning customer-related activities for quotes, orders, and problems concerning customer/vendor relationships.
- Provides lost business reports weekly, and territory sales forecasts monthly.
- Minimum 2-4 years of related sales experience preferably within the electrical distribution industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and PC skills required.
- Familiarity with Solar Eclipse Software preferred.
- College courses in sales, marketing or business administration preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, personable, extroverted personality, well organized.
- Deadline and detail-oriented is a must.