Junior SQL Database Engineer
We are looking for a junior level SQL Database Engineer who has some experience with Microsoft SQL Server versions 2012/2014 and ideally 2016. The Ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of SQL design concepts, practices and procedures.
This position involves identifying business requirements, developing data models, performing data analysis, writing basic SQL queries, designing and coding stored procedures and performance tuning existing database processes.
- Create stored procedures, views, functions, tables, and ensure their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Design, develop, and maintain SSRS reports based on user requirements.
- Write and optimize SQL statements for data access and retention.
- Test databases for performance, fine-tune when necessary.
- Collaborate with developers on database design, query tuning, and schema refinement.
- Respond to feedback from users regarding performance and work with developers to improve the performance of queries and indexes.
- Tune T-SQL queries and stored procedures to improve performance and sustainability.
- Provide support for the deployment of database scripts in development, test, pre-production, and production environments.
- Monitor database performance parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Review and learn about the data structures and data storage of company applications.
- Complete all the assigned training programs and participate in all team activities like sprints and project planning.
- Continually focus on updating technical knowledge and skills.
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Computer Science or a related field of study.
· Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management.
· 1+ years of experience in software development using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL and T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server database design, stored procedure design and implementation.
· Experience coding stored procedures (using T-SQL).
· Proven analytical problem solving and debugging skills.
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
· Experience with performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
· Company pays 100% of the employee's weekly premium for major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
· 8 paid predetermined holidays
· Employee 401K
· Generous PTO policy
· Technology focused, fast paced working environment
· Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
· Expansion and growth with one of the top technology and health insurance marketing companies in the nation
· H1B transfers/sponsorships are available on a case by case status
Ideal Concepts, Inc. is a technology and a transactional insurance marketing company aimed at providing flawless solutions and remarkable service to every client.
Ideal Concepts started in the insurance sales and technology industry in 2005 under the leadership of founder and President, John Pequeno. We launched SalesRadix, our newest marketing and sales solution technology in 2014 and for the first time in the insurance industry, SalesRadix provided (and continues) a turnkey sales solution for agents. Our technology gives agents access to the highest quality leads, an advanced marketing system and a solutions focused customer relationship manager. We believe that an agent should focus on what they are best at doing, which is sales, while we manage all of the administrative work, marketing, and technology for them.
With that in mind, we launched our own private health exchange in 2015. Our private exchange offers clients and brokers the opportunity to buy and sell ACA compliant plans, along with supplemental coverage like dental, vision, accident and critical illness policies from one source.
As we continue to grow in an ever complex industry, you can be confident that Ideal Concepts will continue to develop cutting edge technology, products, and solutions directed at simplifying the insurance industry.