IT Manager/Senior Systems Engineer
Ideal Concepts Inc. is looking for experienced hands on IT Manager/Senior Systems Engineer to supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s IT/IS needs and manage IT staff resources of 3 to 5 individuals.
This person will be in charge of all of our complex IT infrastructure including business and production systems with 24x7 uptime requirement, IT related training for staff, and troubleshooting of issues related to software, hardware devices, servers, networks, etc.
This includes networks, firewalls, physical servers, virtualization, disaster recovery, tertiary redundancy, backups, and more. Support will be required for a variety of systems including endpoint devices, pcs, printers, phones, file shares, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, MS SQL Server, IIS, Asterisk phone server (Linux/Unix based), Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization, Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct VSAN technology, as well as a variety of networking equipment including Juniper, SonicWall, and more. We work mostly in the Windows environment, so we require strong abilities. We also do have some Linux/UNIX based systems, and a variety of networking and firewall equipment. We build advanced software and internet applications, which tie complicated multi-platform back-end systems, to leading edge, innovative, front-end web software technology. We embrace the newest technologies, and place an extreme emphasis on both software architecture and client usability. This effort leads to the building of innovative technology, not only in our industry, but in the overall IT industry. Much of our IT infrastructure relates to the products that we build.
A strong background in DevOps will be helpful, as it will be a required function of this position. Considered individuals will have 10+ years’ experience in complex IT administration, and 5+ years' in IT Management of both technical and human resources, and should be intelligent, hard working, and a strong leader, with a proven track record of having excelled in this field. Only the highest level individuals will be considered for this unique opportunity to join our fast growing company.
· Help setup and maintain our in house disaster recovery system based on MS Hyper V Virtualization and Microsoft Storage Spaces.
· Responsible for designing, specifying, configuring, installing, and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware, software and telecommunications equipment.
· Manage personal computers, system software, software applications, phones, printers, copiers, servers (both physical & virtual) routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling & internet providers
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining our servers including file share, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, IIS, Asterisk (Linux) phone servers.
· Develop implementing policies and procedures related to network hardware, server, device, and software, implementation, use, support, security, and backup.
· Establish and maintain network user’s accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
· Train users on software and equipment usage.
· Respond to needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operations of various software programs.
· Research and evaluate current and new technologies.
· Test and install software upgrades, and new hardware.
· Collect and analyze network and system performance/utilization information and maintain systems in optimal working ability.
· Work closely with other staff as needed to achieve needed IT administration and support.
· Coordinate and implement infrastructure software and hardware updates on off-peak hours
· Manage our infrastructure spanning 2 datacenters, in addition to cloud based, as well as 2 physical office locations in the Lehigh Valley
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· Excellent knowledge of Disaster Recovery, specifically with Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization and Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct.
· Excellent knowledge of Windows Server platforms (2012+)
· Experience in installation of operating system, joining to a domain, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Terminal Services, MS Exchange, SQL Server 2014+, etc.
· Expert knowledge on desktop software Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Visio, and other software.
· Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
· Excellent leadership abilities
· Generous PTO
· 8 paid pre-determined holidays
· Employee 401k Plan
· Health benefits (100% company contribution for employees), including major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Technology focused, fast paced working environment
· Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
· Expansion and growth with one of the top health insurance marketing companies in the nation