AVP - Finance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Finance/CFO, the position is responsible for assisting in the leadership of all financial operations, programs, functions and employees. Major areas of responsibility include accounting, treasury, budget, fixed assets, payroll and grants management.
Supervisory & Operational Authority:
• This position has 5 direct report(s).
Essential Job Functions
• Work as an extension of the Vice President of Finance/CFO, thinking and operating strategically.
• Develop, assess, and implement financial objectives and operational policy.
• Act as key advisor on resource allocation / enhancement and operational policy, providing guidance, education, and training.
• Oversee and assist management with annual and capital budgeting, cash flow, financial statements, and allocation.
• Utilize metrics to assess and drive financial performance, ensuring objectives are met.
• Direct all phases of the financial programs of JTA assuring a sound financial and accounting system with adequate safeguards to account for and protect the assets of the Authority.
• Assist in reviewing and approving all financial reports, statements and the general ledger.
• Oversee the preparation of financial records and the preparation of related reports for all JTA operations.
• Assist the Vice President of Finance/CFO in direction of employees engaged in the receipt and recording of revenues, investment of funds, monitoring of expenditures, administration of contracts and disbursements of funds, including payroll.
• Lead year-end audit and independent auditor activities. Provides interface with City and State agencies. Responds to inquiries from the public and other agencies.
• Assist with the development, administration and interpretation of financially- based internal controls and reports that are relative to both capital and operating expenditures to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Supervise the cash management system, investments and controls. Assure that the integrity of various funds and records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices. Monitor the expenditures of State and Federal grant funds.
• Perform other executive team duties as required/assigned.
• Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
• Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
• Responsible for ensuring all direct reports have taken all mandatory training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proven management ability encompassing the development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives, setting and evaluating priorities.
• The ability to develop and translate strategic vision into plans for implementation and execution.
• A strong work ethic to produce a focused, dedicated, high performance work team among both internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on collaboration, mentoring, nurturing and delivery of exceeded goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of relating effectively to a diverse range of people.
• A track record in budget management, stewardship and developing proven strategies for leadership.
• Experience conducting analysis and managing projects.
• Experience as a change agent, operating at the highest level of the organization.
• Knowledge of the transit and public sector finance practices, budget preparation and monitoring procedures and computerized reporting systems.
• Knowledge of generally accepted government accounting practices and principles.
• Knowledge and the ability to analyze needs; design and implement accounting controls and systems.
• Knowledge of NTD reporting requirements.
• Ability to supervise, train and evaluate technical and professional accounting employees.
• Ability to analyze work situations and resolve complex operating and personnel problems.
• Ability to analyze complex financial reports and develop management recommendations and proposals relating to the analysis.
• Ability to supervise and organize work of staff, enforce disciplinary procedures and effectively appraise employee performance.
• Ability to develop objectives for department programs and to financially direct effective long and short-range planning.
• A strong work ethic to produce a focused dedicated, dedicated work team, with a focus on collaboration, mentoring nurturing and the delivery of exceeded goals.
• The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with sensitivity, passion and a focus on unity and equity.
• Ability to be technologically savvy, and use resources necessary to make the organization more efficient and competitive.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Idea Recruitment