IT Systems/Network Auditor
- Posted: over a month ago
Pay Status: Salary, W2 of Idea Entity
Position: IT Systems/Network Auditor
Job Family: Exempt
Client: US Indo-Pacific Command
Work Location: Hybrid, Herndon, VA
Travel Requirement: Yes, initially monthly to Hawaii
Daily schedule: 40 hours per week, standard business hours
Expected Pay Rate: $50/hr to $75/hr, negotiable.
Start: Mid/Late March 2023
Duration: potential for long-term contract
Notes: No C2C, must be W2 employee of Idea Entity, must be US Citizen
Idea Entity, a Microsoft Gold Partner, is a global change management consulting firm committed to delivering customer outcomes that change the way business is done. We are looking for an experienced IT Systems/Network Auditor who will assume a key role on our team. This role has responsibility to support the US INDOPACOM. United States Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM) is one of six geographic combatant commands. As a geographic combatant command, USINDOPACOM is in charge of using and integrating United States Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps forces within the USINDOPACOM area of responsibility (AOR) to achieve U.S. national security objectives while protecting national interests. The Systems Network Auditor understands networking and complex systems, engineers review network configuration management, in addition to overall operational readiness.
We are looking for a candidate who is detail oriented, with exceptional problem solving and communication skills. The ideal candidate must be able to document all the interactions with detail technical descriptions, root causes and solutions and be able to examine and evaluate the new technology to brief others about its merits, weaknesses and recommendation on adoptability. The IT Systems/Network Auditor will be responsible for implementing an audit strategy for information systems and communicate audit results timely and effectively. They will have to implement IT infrastructure standards and offer recommendation keeping in mind the client’s requirements. They should offer high-level support and technical assistance regarding network technologies.
This role will be operating on a hybrid schedule with two to three (2 to 3) telework days a week out of our Herndon office. Monthly travel will be required to INDOPACOM site (Hawaii).
- Implementing an audit strategy for information systems (IS) that is based on risk management.
- Planning audits that can be used to determine whether or not IT assets are protected, managed and valuable.
- Executing the audits in compliance with the organization's set standards and objectives.
- Sharing audit results and providing recommendations to management based on the results.
- Performing reexaminations of the audits to ensure the recommended actions have been performed by management.
- Collaborate with management to confirm organizational processes, plan for implementation and operation of the deployed systems, and promote the organization's objectives and strategies.
- Evaluate risk management practices.
- IT portfolio and resource management.
- Executing strategies for business-IT alignment.
- Establishing business continuity and disaster recovery strategies.
- Familiarity with IT policies, standards, processes and procedures within the organization.
- Knowledge of the value of the IT control framework; and the management and monitoring of IT personnel, the IT organizational structure and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of experience auditing networks and administration.
- Proven hands-on network auditing experience with deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Solid understanding of IT Continuity and resilience.
- Prior experience with database management system execution, asset management, and resource management.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Strong time management skills and prior project management experience.
- Exceptional problem and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
- Competitive Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA) with employer match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick)
- All Federal Public Holidays as PTO
- Training & Development opportunities
- Work From Home hybrid schedule
At Idea Entity, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees feel valued and like they belong. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Idea Entity
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?