Plant Manager, Food Manufacturing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full-time, permanent opportunity in a rural Colorado location. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall operations and management of a 24/7 Food Manufacturing facility.
Major responsibilities include managing directly and through direct reports: production, quality control, maintenance, wastewater and environmental compliance, inventory, employee relations, shipping, receiving, packaging, sanitation, product and personnel safety, capital projects, staffing and planning & budgeting. Direct supervision of the Raw Procurement Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Maintenance Manager, Shift Supervisors, Sanitation Supervisor, and office personnel. The Plant Manager will work closely with Corporate H. R., Quality Assurance, and Sales Department to accomplish improvements, goals, and objectives, and to implement and enforce polices, programs and procedures.
- Directly responsible for the management of all plant functions which include but are not limited to production, purchasing (raw materials, production materials, maintenance items) packaging, maintenance, product quality, food safety, personnel safety, environmental & regulatory compliance, shipping and receiving, employee relations, staffing and sanitation.
- Actively participate in the plant planning and budgeting process. Must manage to meet budget objectives, and monitor/analyze performance as it relates to budget expectations.
- Identifies and recommends capital improvement needs and opportunities. Assists with implementing approved capital projects.
- Develops goals and objectives for the plant and department managers / supervisors.
- Work with Corporate Human Resources to identify and implement training and development needs for all plant positions.
- Responsible for managing plant staffing needs, including department managers / supervisors, and hourly positions.
- Responsible for management and employees adherence with all plant GMP, HACCP, and food safety policies, programs, and regulations.
- Responsible for adherence with applicable OSHA regulations and requirements, and with all Company safety programs, policies and procedures. Promotes a behavior-based safety culture.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all required plant reports, documentation and record keeping, in English.
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation is accurately and comprehensively completed for employee issues, including but not limited to complaints, work-related injuries or illnesses, reasons for merit and/or rewards, performance reviews, employee warnings and employee disciplinary actions.
- Works and communicates effectively and professionally with managers, supervisors, subordinates, peers, and other departments within the Company.
- Effective communication to the Operations Manager, VP of Operations, Corporate Quality Assurance Manager, Corporate HR, President & CEO, and all other departments and management as needed.
- Food Safety and Product Quality: Ensure all employees who report directly to the Plant Manager are trained in and knowledgeable of all Company food safety and product quality policies, programs, and procedures. This includes the supervision of employee activities and all necessary and related documentation and record keeping/paperwork. As part of this responsibility, the Plant Manager must be fully trained in the Company's food safety and product quality policies, programs, and procedures including but not limited to HACCP, GMP, Allergen Control, and Sanitation programs.
- Perform and manage all other duties as necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years Plant Management experience that includes budgeting, maintenance, production, sanitation, safety, environmental compliance, packaging, shipping/receiving, procurement, and personnel management (staffing, supervision, employee relations).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Bilingual in English/Spanish helpful.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct a management team.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, or similar spreadsheet software. Knowledge of ERP systems and some payroll & time and attendance functions.
- Experience overseeing successful safety programs and creating a culture of safety that results in superior safety records.
- Knowledge of food production equipment and machinery.
- Ability to use active listening, critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others effectively and efficiently.
- Must be dependable, and self-motivated. Ability to work professionally while under pressure.
- Attention to detail; willingness to address problems and aggressively work towards discovering the root cause and finding solutions.
- Must have the ability to manage 'on the floor' of all areas of the plant facility.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Industrial relations, food science, food manufacturing, or related. 10 years of extensive and progressive manufacturing experience in a related industry may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to delegate and assign duties among employees; administer established policies and procedures within the plant environment.
This opportunity is located in south Colorado; relocation assistance may or may not be available. Full-time, year-round, permanent opportunity that includes a benefits package (medical/dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, company-sponsored health savings account, retirement savings, paid holidays, paid vacation, and salary range of $70,000 - $85,000 annually, depending on qualifications.
Serious and qualified candidates only.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Idaho Pacific Holdings
ManufacturingView all jobs at Idaho Pacific Holdings