You would supervise the day to day operations of a robust Probation & Parole office in an evolving organization. In this role, you will lead, coach and mentor staff, implement the Justice Reinvestment Initiative and Focused Supervision, ensure that evidence-based practices and effective reentry processes are utilized, foster cooperation and teamwork, and build relationships with community partners.
- Plan, organize and direct an integrated program of probation, parole, specialized caseloads, pre-sentence investigation, and oversight of clinical and substance abuse treatment services that provide maximum services and benefits to criminal offenders
- Develop policies and work standards on a statewide level
- Participate in task force projects and grant monitoring
- Set priorities to meet the needs of court, department, and clients
- Evaluate reports for quality of service and benefit to clients as well as audit to determine extent of compliance with established procedures and department goals
- Develop and control district program budget
- Select employees, assign work, set standards, and evaluate performance
- Provide or arrange for staff training
- Develop and coordinate community resources including criminal justice system, mental health, religious, and drug and alcohol abuse counseling to benefit adult criminal offenders and avoid service overlaps
- Participate on citizens and advisory boards
- Considerable knowledge of management practices.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Considerable knowledge of security principles and practices in a correctional profession
- Good knowledge of the criminal justice system
- Good knowledge off offender management and risk reduction procedures.