The primary function of the IT Admin Support is to assist with common responsibilities as needed throughout the IT Department. Duties include the support and maintenance of mission-critical systems, ensuring up-time and stability. Duties also include daily system resolution by performing system updates, testing, and assisting with new feature roll-outs. Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting for users. Assist in managing relationships with 3 party vendors. Help with the creation and execution of software test plans. Help ensure the quality release of software to meet Idaho Central Credit Union business objectives and minimize negative impact to users.
This introductory position is designed to prepare the candidate for other permanent openings within the Information Technology department.
- Effectively and quickly identify, troubleshoot, and resolve day-to-day system issues working with team members and 3 party vendors
- Support the implementation of new releases of software
- System configuration and maintenance over multiple systems
- Conduct system audits and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Actively seek ways to improve system performance, stability, and improve user experience
- Basic report creation
- Research data integrity issues
- Participate and contribute to ongoing weekly meetings with the IT Team and 3 party vendors to discuss progress and issues to be resolved
- Assist with the change roll-out to development, test, training, and production environments
- Develop, update, maintain, coordinate, and execute test cases associated with software upgrades/releases
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects to applicable project managers. Verify defect fixes and provide feedback as needed.
- Work closely with project teams to ensure test requirements, test solutions and test execution meet quality objectives, project scope, and delivery dates.
- Other duties as assigned
Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related engineering/math field of study or equivalent experience. 0-5 years’ experience supporting 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a high availability environment. Self-motivated, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage changing priorities. Willingness to work outside of normal business hours. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent attention to detail. Knowledge of quality assurance/software testing process preferred. Ability to effectively communicate with Management and Credit Union personnel. Ability to maintain confidentiality of Credit Union and member records at all times.
Maintain a high level of professionalism. Demonstrate the ability to work well with others. Must be a motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills. Must have the ability to work on multiple, time-critical project simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication required. Ability to confidently interact at multiple levels in the organization. Ability to analyze information and evaluate results and chose the best solution and solve problems. Must be willing to comply with the Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act as implemented by Idaho Central Credit Union.
Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity (processing paperwork, filing, stapling, sorting, collating, typing, etc.) Sit for extended periods of time. Lift 20-40 pounds of office supplies (copy paper, computer paper, mail, etc). Repetitive motion using wrists, hands, and fingers. Reach keyboards. Ability to operate basic office machines (calculator, computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, etc).
Must be eligible for membership at Idaho Central Credit Union to obtain employment.