Selling Points of Position:
Best Vs Average Candidate: Collections experience, strong communication experience, post-secondary education
How will performance be measured: based on calls per hour, completion rate, quality monitoring (2 managers will call to listen in and assess), they will have scorecards as well.
Summary Of Day To Day Responsibilities:
The Debt Specialist I reduces losses by negotiating and collecting payment on delinquent retail, consumer, residential or auto accounts.
Depth & Scope:
- Demonstrates sufficiency in a range of processes, procedures and systems to perform assigned tasks
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others
- Handles own workload, coordinates tasks and services with others
- Recognizes and solves routine problems that can occur in their own work area without supervisory approval
- Evaluates and selects solutions from established options
- Follows standardized procedures and practices and recommends opportunities to improve processes in their own work area
- Uses communication skills to exchange technical or process information with composure and ensures underlying details are clarified
- Determines reasons for customer delinquencies and uses standard methods and procedures to secure payment; Identify reasons why customers can or cannot pay
- Identifies type of loan product involved, including residential mortgages, home equities, indirect loans, mobile homes, lines of credit, unsecured loans, recreational vehicles, overdrafts and others and modify approach accordingly
- Develops familiarity with debt management counseling and information to provide to customers as necessary
- Suggests changes or modifications to policies and procedures to supervisor based on day-to-day observations and activities
- Serves as entry point for the identification, routing and documentation of all pertinent collection support processes (i.e. modifications, bankruptcy, skip-tracing, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sales ability to communicate via phone to arrive at best overall solutions within established guidelines
- Writing ability to clearly document calls
- MS Office Proficiency - Word, Excel, etc.
Nice to Haves:
- (Debt) Collections experience
- Working experience with consumer loan products - residential mortgages, home equities, indirect loans, lines of credit, unsecured loans
- Undergraduate Degree/College Diploma
ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Our areas of expertise include Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting/Finance, Scientific/Clinical, Professional, Mortgage, Administrative/Clerical, Call Center, Human Resources, and Marketing/Creative. ICONMA has a nationwide presence that helps us support our national clients. For more information, please visit us at www.iconma.com.