- Posted: over a month ago
Iconex is the leading provider of solutions essential to daily commerce. We are the iconic inventor and continued leader in receipts, and we connect people and goods through superior labelling and tracking technology. Building upon our unique tradition of innovation, we are creating the next generation of business process improvements. Iconex (www.iconex.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, USA.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading the daily management of operations to achieve targeted performance and customer satisfaction. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and leads improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Through direct responsibility of supervising employees in a manufacturing environment, this role is key in leading the people and culture of continuous improving our organization.
- Lead daily management of all production activities by monitoring performance against targets and provide support in attaining levels of expected performance
- Ensure the production team has the necessary tools and training to successfully and efficiently meet their goals
- Provide direction and guidance to the production team through coaching and counseling; motivate, empower, develop and recognize individual and team achievements
- Manage hiring activities for direct and indirect labor
- Organize workflow by assigning production team their daily shift assignment and responsibilities
- Maintain a safe, clean 5S work environment by educating and directing the production team on the use of all equipment and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Ensure an environment that promotes effective communications, positive employee relations and teamwork
- Ensure processes are operating effectively and efficiently in order to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Coordinate pre-press activity with production needs; Ensures rush orders are handled and customer service goals are met; Resolves conflicting work order information
- Use process improvement methods to ensure continuous improvement across all operations
- Proficient with computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook)
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of related experience
- Prior management responsibilities in a manufacturing environment
Iconex enthusiastically engages with our communities of employees and customers every day. Iconex values diversity throughout the organization, not only because it is inherently the right thing to do, but also because we believe diversity gives greater perspective and insight to the world we live in and the customers we serve.
Iconex is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, respected for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to maximize their full potential. We believe in understanding and embracing differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to differences regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Iconex has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Iconex