Under general supervision, this position is responsible for repairing and maintaining production machinery and mechanical equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
Maintains and repairs all electrical and mechanical equipment in the plant.
Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
Repairs or replaces defective parts, lubricates and cleans parts.
Performs adjustments on machinery.
As necessary, coaches equipment operators on proper techniques for maintenance, adjustment or operation of equipment.
Assists in repair/replacement parts procurement as directed.
Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Follow all documented and accepted Iconex and Department Safety Guidelines.
Participate in all safety training.
Report all uncontrolled hazards, injuries and near miss incidents.
Suggest and participate in safety improvements. (Job Hazards Analysis’, Audits, Inspections, and safety committees)
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
- Contributes to a team effort by proactively assisting internal contacts.
- Attend training programs to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- All other duties assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's degree is preferred.
· 5 more years of experience in industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment (preferably with PLC experience), or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
· General knowledge of environmental regulations.
· Basic knowledge of PC operations & software including JDE, Word, Excel, and Flex.
· Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to show a positive attitude and respectful behavior and work cooperatively with peers and all levels of management.
· Ability to work as a team with others to meet business requirements.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close-up vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Regular exposure to manufacturing environment with one or more unpleasant hazardous conditions including but not limited to exposure to dust, dirt, high noise levels, chemicals more than 50% of the work time.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time on a concrete floor, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Able to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Attendance and Punctuality are essential.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or manager to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in the job description.
The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).
Iconex is an EEO Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
Why Work Here?IconexTM is the world’s leading provider of receipt and innovative label solutions which create value for our customers by enhancing transaction recording, ensuring order accuracy and improving operational efficiency. We will achieve this by providing highly differentiated label solutions and being the lowest cost manufacturer of paper receipts
All of our employees have a part to play in delighting our customers. We offer Safe Working Environment and Offer Great Benefits.
Jefferson City, TN