Chicago, IL | 60628
Up to $15/hr.
This function requires strict adherence to safety, regulatory and quality procedures. This function encompasses all activities related to the movement, sorting and storage of company assets in addition to all activities related to the receiving and shipping of identified materials entering and leaving the facility. One must also maintain their work area in a clean and organized manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Review, provide input and comply with safe operating procedures.
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings.
- Train and become qualified in Specialty Gas SOPs sections procedures and regulatory procedures.
- Review, provide input and comply with work instructions.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Load and unload shuttle trucks and common carriers
- Understand and interpret DOT markings on cylinders
- Inspecting, identifying and sorting of cylinders by product type, size and disposition
- Final material or cylinder preparation and packaging for shipment
- Preparation of required shipping and receiving documents.
- Communicate with common carriers and regional distribution carriers as required.
- Provide requested shipping and receiving information to external and internal customers in a timely fashion
- Assist in maintaining sorting area, shipping dock and yard in an organized fashion which is complaint to Company’s safety SOP’s, bulletins and facility guidelines.
- Control out of test cylinders both inbound and outbound
- Work with management to ensure timely delivery of product, reduction of errors or rework and increases in productivity.
- Participate in and perform activities to meet annual Performance Plan Objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written English
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)