Research Assistant in Histology and Molecular Pharmacology
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Title: Research Assistant in Histology and Molecular Pharmacology
Department: Histology and Molecular Pharmacology
Overview of Ichor Life Sciences:
Ichor Life Sciences, inc is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to studying the fundamental mechanisms of aging. We discover and develop new drugs to help people live longer, healthier lives. By embracing the unconventional and applying rigorous science, our team works tirelessly to challenge the common perception of the inevitability of aging. Our processes, our passion, and even the place we have chosen as our home, support our unique vision and ability to bring disruptive advancements with the greatest speed and flexibility possible. In all ways, we seek to make life better for our employees, our community, our partners, and our world.
Overview of Position:
Ichor is seeking research driven Research Assistant to support the research and development endeavors of our histology and molecular pharmacology department. If you are motivated by playing an integral role in advancing the development of therapeutic treatments that will help people live longer, healthier lives then we are interested in getting to know you.
The primary focus of this position will be full pipeline of histopathological workflows including but not limited to:
- Tissue processing and sectioning
- Fluorescent and Brightfield microscopy
- Collaborating with pathologists to generate data sets
- Mammalian cell culturing
- Employees are encouraged to empower themselves by setting their own schedule and working autonomously.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental understanding of biological processes and the scientific method
- Must be able to collaborate with team-members that are onsite and offsite.
Education and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or related field (Master’s preferred)
- 1 year of research experience (2 or more strongly preferred)
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds at chest level
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Full time only.
- Occasionally requires ascending or descending stairs
- Remaining in a stationary position, occasionally sitting, or standing for prolonged periods
- Occasional travel to off-site location
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 60 pounds
- Consistently communicating with others to exchange information
- Consistently repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Occasionally operating machinery and/or power tools
- Constantly assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Occasionally hazardous conditions, working with fixatives
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- 50% matching contribution, up to $500/month for health insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for community volunteering
- 14 days PTO
- Employee Stock Options (amount TBD)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Ichor Life Sciences, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of an individual’s age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, or domestic violence victim status. This includes refusing to hire or employ, to bar, or to discharge from employment such individual or to discriminate against such individual in compensation or in terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Ichor Life Sciences, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Ichor Life Sciences, Inc.