Obtains necessary information (i.e. loan applications, credit documents, appraisals, etc.) to process and complete mortgage loan files. Provide quality, accurate and timely customer service (internal and external) involving daily processing of mortgage loans, which include the duties and responsibilities described herein.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process new mortgage loan applications; input new loan data into loan software programs and investor automated underwriting systems.
- Review and analyze credit documentation; compile information and update credit as needed to comply with investor approval requirements; pre-qualify borrowers to specific loan products; prepare loans for underwriting.
- Monitor status of loans in pipeline on regular basis; communicate with originators, borrowers, real estate agents and appraisers.
- Maintain loan submission register; confirm lock-in sheets with secondary market; order flood certificates and process cancelled loan files and refund checks.
- Comply with bank policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and investor guidelines. Prepare and submits closing instructions to attorneys
- All other duties as assigned
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
High School diploma required, Associates degree preferred. At least 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Special software: Encompass 360