Senior Software Engineer
IZEA Boulder, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Software Engineer
IZEA Worldwide, Inc. ("IZEA") is a marketing technology company providing software and professional services that enable brands to collaborate and transact with the full spectrum of today's top social influencers and content creators.
The company serves as a champion for the growing Creator Economy, enabling individuals to monetize their content, creativity, and influence. IZEA launched the industry's first-ever influencer marketing platform in 2006 and has since facilitated nearly 4 million transactions between online buyers and sellers.
Leading brands and agencies partner with IZEA to increase digital engagement, diversify brand voice, scale content production, and drive highly measurable return on investment.
IZEA is a small cap company traded on NASDAQ and a member of the Russell 2000. The company has raised over $75 million and traded $4 billion in the past year alone. As we embark on our next phase of growth, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity in our team members.
About the Role
You will lead a team of engineers in designing, building, and maintaining scalable cloud based systems and platforms. You’ll be responsible for producing high quality solutions for our users and clients. In addition you will coordinate with other teams to assist defining and executing vision and plans for our platforms.
The team strives to be ego-free and motivated only by building amazing software for our users. We seek to understand the "why" behind the "what". We regularly break out into small teams to tackle problems, learn new technologies, or just share what we know with others. We test our code and invest in the health of our systems. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to continually grow.
IZEA’s workforce is currently 100% remote and the ideal candidate thrives with the freedom and flexibility this structure provides.
- Lead teams in designing, building, deploying, and maintaining scalable systems and platforms
- Own all aspects of assigned services or platforms from design and development to monitoring and maintenance
- Evaluate, design, and build architectures, APIs, systems, and platforms
- Review other developers’ code and provide feedback and guidance to produce quality products
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues reported from users
- Coordinate with product and engineering leadership to define timelines and deliverables
- Mentor other engineers and provide suggestions and guidance for skill development
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years experience with modern languages and frameworks
- Experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining cloud based services and platforms
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with various databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Neo4j)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong general engineering and OOP skills
- Understanding of APIs and how to build them
- A history of delivering results to end users
- Experience with development and deployment pipelines
- Experience with testing frameworks and writing highly tested code
- Experience with source control tools (such as GitHub) and best practices
- Passion to constantly learn and improve
The following additional qualifications will be highly valued:
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience leading teams of engineers with mixed skill levels
- Experience with container systems such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with our technology stack, including Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Ember.js
- Self-motivated, and thrive in a fast moving environment.
- Able to dive deep into the details of a feature or issue to understand the nuances and then transform and relay this information to stakeholders and management so they can easily judge scope and impact to make decisions going forward.
- Naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of nascent technologies.
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at IZEA, it's to add to our strong existing roster of talent and choose the right individual to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams.
IZEA has been ranked a Top Place to Work by the Orlando Sentinel for the past 4 years and has been recognized as a Deloitte Fast 500 honoree for the past 2 years. We take great pride in creating a positive work environment for all our employees - from our investment in team member ongoing education, to the ability to influence real change across our business - we are dedicated to your long-term growth and success.
At IZEA, you have an opportunity to make an impact on a global scale. IZEA connects leading brands with a network of over 850,000 opt-in creators ranging from YouTube stars to mommy bloggers and everyone in-between. We are the pioneers fueling the democratization of information, entertainment, marketing, and commerce. Our platforms fuel the burgeoning Creator Economy, filled with the next generation of artists, poets, filmmakers, photographers, thought leaders, comics, actors, and musicians. What you do here will impact hundreds of thousands of people directly and influence the actions of millions more.
We provide an open, flexible work environment that welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints. IZEA places value on action and results. We seek individuals that thrive in a challenging and fast-evolving work environment. While the company is over 14 years old, our executives remain active player-coaches -- they roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty by working side-by-side with our team members across all levels of seniority to accomplish our common goals.
IZEA is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to our company. If you are the very best at what you do and seeking an opportunity to attack the "never been done before" with a passionate team of dreamers and doers, we encourage you to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at IZEA