Marketing Communications Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a global Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.1 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 57 countries that employ approximately 45,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 16,000 active patents.
North America Fastening Solutions Automotive Platform has an opening for a Marketing Communications Manager. In this role, you have the opportunity to leverage your expertise and skills to craft our marketing strategy and execution. The marketing-based opportunities include: marcoms, sales enablement, digital marketing and strategy, and customers experience development. To be successful in this strategic role you will partner with our product managers across divisions to communicate our value proposition and lead demand generation or campaign-focused content. This role will report to the Platform Strategic Marketing & Innovation Director.Job Description
- Build brand equity and awareness based on a developed market understanding, including customers and competitors, by means of a targeted, consistent, and resonant message to the market.
- Create, implement and lead the digital strategy for NA Fastening
- Develop creative and compelling content across a variety of channels that increase brand awareness and visibility, drives lead generation, and enhances audience engagement.
- Create marketing communication strategies to understand, develop, and enhance the relationship between the customer and product portfolio.
- Lead marketing and promotional activities, with a clear lead generation focus, which includes:
- Collateral development, content marketing, and creation of communication campaigns
- Execution of digital campaigns that target and nurture opportunities
- Creation of documentation that improves sales and service effectiveness
- Organizing and championing ITW at events and networking opportunities
- Appropriate content creation and copywriting for online and print
- Creating and managing PR and contributing to social media
- Evolve and revise messaging architecture with input from subject matter experts to ensure message consistency in all externally facing communications.
- Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
- 5+ years marketing communications experience.
- 3+ years of content creation experience in automotive markets.
- Outgoing and strong interpersonal skills, with recognized ability to proactively and quickly build and nurture relationships at all levels.
- Capable of effectively managing priorities and time when provided multiple projects, of varying magnitude, with firm delivery dates.
- Knowledge of industrial marketing principles, methods and techniques.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Experience of managing and motivating people.
ITW Culture & Leadership Expectations:
- Exemplify and embody the ITW Leadership expectations
- Able to thrive and collaborate in a decentralized and entrepreneurial culture
- Able to take a high level of accountability and ownership for personal and company performance
- Able to communicate both verbal and written with clarity and simplicity
- Exemplifies a strategic-thinking approach and process to product management
- Able to make decisions and use critical thinking and analytical approaches when weighing options
- Nurturing an environment consistent with the ITW values and culture
- Is outcome driven and applies the 80/20 principles to prioritize work demands
- Pro-actively participating in ITW’s ‘toolbox’ initiatives (i.e., USa, 80/20 Philosophy, PLS, MRD, and In-Lining)
- Demonstrations a high level of leadership experience and emotional intelligence
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
BusinessView all jobs at ITW