Customer Service Representative (Channel Account Specialist)
- Posted: over a month ago
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.Job Description
Provides focused and deep support to channel customers. Owns key customers assignments and works with Customer, Sales, Distribution, IT and other key internal teams to keep up to date with changing customer needs.
Responsible for order maintenance for orders submitted via EDI and web portal and manual entry of orders for key customers. Works closely with Sales and other internal teams to maximize customer support and communication, and to assist in planning of key projects affecting assigned customer/s. Identifies account-specific improvement opportunities and assists in implementation. Able to handle ‘escalated’ customer concerns, communications which may be non-routine, deviate from standard screens, scripts and processes.
- Process sales and return orders, inclusive of account compliance, pricing, discounts, freight, carrier requirements, packaging and other related customer expectations.
- Review daily open orders and work with Shipping / Supply teams as necessary to understand and minimize delays to on-time, complete shipment for assigned customers. Communicate key order updates to Sales partners to ensure aligned customer communication.
- Resolve all EDI and web order issues with the processes established and within the guidelines for the department.
- Maintain comprehensive filing system of paperwork support in accordance with file retention guidelines.
Customer Satisfaction Support
- Provide answers and respond to customer queries via phone, fax and email, courteously and consistently using established guidelines.
- Accurately and consistently document customer communications in ticketing system, ensuring key ticket data recorded.
- Work with team to identify and implement improvements to support high customer satisfaction ratings.
Customer Management / Support
- Partner with Sales, Finance, I/S and Distribution to identify and meet assigned customer account needs. Assist in execution of divisional annual plan projects.
- Work with appropriate departments to get errors resolved in a timely manner, update and maintain master customer information and keep all databases up to date.
- Champion improvements to assigned customer processes. Communicate and assist in implementation of changes required by customer/s, be proactive in recommending potential improvements / resolutions for department and/or customer issues.
- Perform backup process support for assigned customers. Provide regular updates to backup agent for assigned customer/s, and assist in creating and maintaining customer-specific process documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience (Experience is defined as working as a customer service representative in a fast-paced environment handling multiple functions)
- Customer Service with Big Box (i.e. Home Depot, Menards, Walmart) or lumber yard customers a plus.
- Experience working with Manufacturing is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively interact and present to both internal and external clients.
- Must exhibit consistent leadership competencies: delivering results, developing skills, effective personal influence.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations as they relate to calculating pricing, revenue, and margin
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email corp_accessibility at itw.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
BusinessView all jobs at ITW