- Posted: 11 days ago
ITW Fluids NA is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Fluids NA has 4 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA, Easton, MA and DeWitt, IA) and employs 250+ individuals. ITW Pro Brands includes Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA, and DeWitt, IA. ITW Celeste includes Easton, MA. All of which are ITW Fluids NA.Job Description
The Accounting Manager will report to the Fluids NA Division Controller and be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department (AR, AP, Payroll, Internal Controls, General Ledger), monitoring and analyzing accounting data to produce financial statements in accordance with US GAAP compliance with financial policies. Based out of the Division Headquarters in Olathe, Kansas.
The Accounting Manager will delegate, supervise, and participate in accounting department tasks, oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information, hire, train, and motivate accounting staff members, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
- Hiring, training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks.
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with US GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business.
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry.
Core Skills/Education/Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Can travel up to 20% domestically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Management Accounting
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- High level of efficiency and accuracy
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Willingness to comply with local, state, federal, and company regulations
- Transactional analysis and modeling skills.
- Demonstrated talent development and management of others.
- Experience successfully partnering and influencing mid- level leadership.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing and working with information technology and ERP systems, is a plus.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills and the ability to work in a diverse and multicultural environment are essential.
- Ability to shift priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written, verbal and collaborative communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions; use reason when dealing with emotional topics/situations.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment in a positive manner.
- Proven capacity in establishing good relationships and contributing to a team environment.
- Possess a strong competitive drive to win balanced with the ability to work directly and through others to implement strategies and goals.
- Ensures confidentiality on matters that are warranted and should not be disclosed.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Possesses a sense of self awareness in dealing with others.
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills. Organized in managing tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a diverse creative team environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as related to the job.
ITW Fluids North America is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ITW
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?