Account Manager, Stellantis & Ford (Supporting Mexico)
- Expired: April 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a global Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.1 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 57 countries that employ approximately 45,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 16,000 active patents.
The ITW StampTech Fastener TM Division serves the major OEMs and Tier suppliers in the North American automotive market. The division supplies stamped metal fasteners and engineered fastener assemblies that leverage our deep-draw stamping technologies. The annual revenue for the division is approximately $160M. Locations include Gallatin, TN, Lexington, KY & Naugatuck, CT.
The Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW's industry leading research and development capabilities, StampTech Fasteners TM enhances our customers' competitive advantage by maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America, exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide and ccontinually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product provides value and meets customer expectations.
In this newly created role, the Account Manager will be responsible for growing the Central Mexico Region, generating sales, and developing relationships with customers. This person must understand customer demands, plan for these demands, and generate sales. This position involves collaborating with sales, engineering, manufacturing, and customers. This incumbent will work with the stakeholders from idea generation through production launch.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing account in the central Mexico region
- Manage purchasing relationship, understand purchasing strategies and expectations, negotiation, and project closure within Stellantis and Ford
- Manage and solve conflicts with clients
- Work in conjunction with the U.S. Stellantis/ Ford Account Manager to sell products through direct customer purchasing personnel interaction, identifying part and project opportunities within the Mexico region, supporting global project development with ITW engineering and sales, finalize price negotiations, and review and sign-off of purchase orders.
- Support customers through problem resolution, product understanding and follow up tasks within the Mexico region
- Understand and report on competitors and market trends to strategically target new business
- Partner with the Stellantis & Ford account manager to achieve sales targets supporting the division's penetration/growth in the market.
- Support regional, customer relations at Stellantis, Ford and Tier 1s, as needed
- Prepare and deliver presentations both internally and externally.
- Conduct reviews on accounts on a regular basis to evaluate our customers; to determine if whether the products and prices satisfy their needs, as well as, the organization's objectives
- Demonstrate personal effectiveness and leadership that creates a culture of high performance
- Nurture an environment consistent with the ITW values and culture
- Meet deadlines both internally and externally
- Perform necessary administrative work as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree - B.A. /B.S. from four-year College or University in Business or Engineering or equivalent ITW experience
- 3-5+ years of Automotive industry experience required
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- Willing to travel; primarily domestic with up to 25% travel to Mexico
- Proven experience proliferating sales growth
- Proven track record of successful customer negotiations
- Technical aptitude and experience working with metal fasteners a plus
- Ability to develop sales forecast to a business plan, including business strategies based on OEM
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with ability and willingness to communicate, and work with other regions.
- Ability to make data driven decisions independently and deliver results
- Cultivates the 80/20 mind-set. Able to prioritize and manage time effectively
ITW Culture & Leadership Expectations:
- Exemplify and embody the ITW Leadership expectations
- Able to thrive and collaborate in a decentralized and entrepreneurial culture
- Able to take a high level of accountability and ownership for personal and company performance
- Able to communicate both verbal and written with clarity and simplicity
- Exemplifies a strategic-thinking approach and process to product management
- Able to make decisions and use critical thinking and analytical approaches when weighing options
- Nurturing an environment consistent with the ITW values and culture
- Is outcome driven and applies the 80/20 principles to prioritize work demands
- Pro-actively participating in ITW's 'toolbox' initiatives (i.e., USa, 80/20 Philosophy, PLS, MRD, and In-Lining)
- Demonstrations a high level of leadership experience and emotional intelligence
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
100 Kirts BoulevardTroy, MI
BusinessView all jobs at ITW