ITS ConGlobal is the industry-leading provider of intermodal rail terminal services, auto loading and unloading and container depot services. We take pride in consistently delivering superior and reliable service, a broad scope of services and an exemplary safety record. We’re currently seeking a Director Safety, Training and Operational Support to join our team.
The Director Safety, Training and Operational Support is responsible for the successful development, implementation, maintenance, communication and training of an effective Safety program, to include accident and incident investigations, data analysis and recurrence prevention processes for ITS ConGlobal. This person will ensure all locations are in compliance with OSHA, and other state, local or industry specific regulations. The Director Safety, Training and Operational Support will manage and develop a core safety team and will report to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Director, Safety, Training and Operational Support
- Develop and drive the implementation of programs that foster a strong safety culture
- Partner across the organization to develop and promote safety as a foundational element to ITS ConGlobal’s culture
- Create and deliver training programs that provide guidance for all employees on performing work safely
- Create, measure and monitor benchmarks, metrics and KPI’s to meet company-wide goals and objectives
- Coordinate all incident investigations and root-cause analysis, and recommend an improvement plan
- Proactively plan and manage the safety objectives to ensure there is no impact to the company’s strategic goals
- Conduct random and periodic safety and compliance audits
- Develop, enhance and sustain productive working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Conduct periodic calls with regulatory bodies
- Ability to work cross-functionally in order to accomplish strategic objectives and organizational goals
- Partner with leaders to ensure understanding and compliance with all safety programs, procedures and policies
- Create and publish monthly Safety Talks for employees
- Create safety roundtable with specific outside customers to enhance overall safety practices
- Identify and coordinate training to meet regulatory requirements and improve Safety awareness & performance across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Management or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in Intermodal, Manufacturing, or Operations with in-depth knowledge of OSHA standards and other regulations required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development and training of safety programs
- Ability to travel by air or vehicle 50% as required to multiple states and locations
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- CET (Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer) certificate preferred
- CSP or Equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license
- Position can be seated in Darien, IL corporate office or Dallas, TX
Why Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Great benefits, Room for growth and a fun place to work!