- Posted: over a month ago
Summary Description of Job:
This position manages and directs high-enriched uranium processing operations, fuel manufacturing operations, and waste-water operations for the company. This position is responsible for production-related activities involving the handling and processing of special nuclear material, including developing procedures and maintaining facilities and equipment in a safe operating condition. This position includes activities associated with product research and development, enriched uranium processing, transportation and waste management operations, and related equipment installation, start-up, and maintenance. This position manages a majority of the hourly work force, and has line management responsibility for implementation of the safety programs and systems for conducting an active ALARA Program. This position performs weekly interfaces with the NRC resident inspector and the NNL PFO lead.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Directs production-related activities involving the handling and processing of special nuclear material.
2. Directs the development and maintenance of operating procedures, facilities, and equipment in a safe operating condition.
3. Facilitates product research and development for enriched uranium processing, transportation, and waste management operations.
4. Directs production start-up, equipment installation/replacement, and maintenance of facility.
5. Manages/directs hourly work force with line management responsibility for production.
6. Ensures all health and safety, criticality, and production programs are operating in a safe and compliant manner.
7. Serves as delegate for the President and is Emergency Control Center Operations Lead.
8. Serves on Executive Review Board, Executive HUP Team. A member of the senior Training Advisory Committee, Corrective Action Review Board, as well as, many other Committees.
9. Performs weekly interfaces with the NRC resident inspector and the NNL PFO lead.
B. S. or B. A. degree -- Science or Engineering
Experience Requirements of Job (Beyond educational or equivalent):
Ten years of experience in industry or nuclear reactor operations plus five years of in a supervisory position in the nuclear industry or reactor operations.
AddressJohnson City, TN
BusinessView all jobs at ITR