Our client in the Minneapolis area is looking for an experienced SQL ETL Developer on a long term contract basis. Looking for strong SQL database and ETL experience. ETL are must haves as well as strong SQL. This consultant will be working with a small team conducting data analysis and development. Will be building SQL queries and work with database views.
The program will be integrating an Azure hosted Platform into the larger technical ecosystem. The candidate will be joining an existing team of integrators with defined integration patterns and practices working iteratively. The candidate will also have a proven record of accomplishment through the entire lifecycle of system integration including analysis, design, development, support of batch and real-time solutions in a medium to large enterprise.
- Azure data integration
- Must have experience in extraction, cleansing, validating and integrating of data from multiple systems
- Must have strong ETL / ETL Workflow management skills, SQL Skills. (Informatica / Talend experience preferred)
- Must have experience working at enterprise level on large complex initiatives
- Must have experience in user interaction, business analysis, development, integration, documentation, testing, deployment, building, configuration and production/customer support, maintenance and enhancements of ETL applications
- Must have Strong Knowledge of Data Warehouse Architecture, Star Schema, Snow flake Schema, Fact tables and Dimensional tables.
- Must have Strong experience in writing Oracle and SQL Server database procedures, views, functions and fine-tuning SQL for performance optimization.
- Must have Strong Knowledge of Data Base Concepts
- Must have Strong Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle Objects
- Must have understanding of parameter files, how to read, and how to create
- Must have extensive experience with XML, XSL, Schema, DTD
- Must have experience to Understand and source system and recommend solution from data integration standpoint
- Must have experience conducting proof of concepts
- Basic understanding of Espresso or scheduling tool concepts
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to work under senior development leads
- Must be able to work hours on as needed basis, over 40 hours occasionally.
- Must escalate appropriately
- Must be flexible, good listener
- Must able to coordinate and facilitate technical meetings
- Must be self-starter, must maintain skill set
- Should require minimal management.
- Prefer background in Insurance and Financial Services
The platform is continuously undergoing technical change and the solution will eventually be cloud based. The candidates must be willing open to accept, adopt work with these facts and the vendor direction.