Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is seeking a Sr Mechanical Engineer to cater mechanical engineering services to our client’s customers, developing innovative solutions to engineering problems in various scopes, designs and developing new products within the budget, time frame and customer demands while providing technical support and supervision within the Mechanical Engineering Team. Our client’s exceptional team has superb dedication, values each and every member’s roles, ideas and potentials and will support you with your career progression within the organization.
Salary: $120-150K + the opportunity to earn revenue bonuses and more.
Location: Flexible Workspace - Onsite | Remote
How You’ll Do It:
- Lead in-house programs as the Responsible Engineer, inclusive of training and mentorship provision to the Mechanical Engineering Team.
- Evaluate, understand, and provide accurate engineering estimates to support technical input during the pre-sale cycle.
- Lead Customer Design Reviews and Internal Design Reviews.
- Design hardware based on customer specifications and closely collaborate with RF, Manufacturing, and Production functions to ensure design for manufacturability.
- Communicate requirements, review, and approve drawing creation; including tolerance stack-up analyses as required.
- Perform static and dynamic analyses on designed hardware; analyze results; and provide actionable recommendations/design adjustments based on results against customer specifications.
- Provide interdepartmental engineering leadership to:
- Achieve manufacturability on designed concepts.
- Resolve hardware non-conformances.
- Support environmental tests of product.
- Create and maintain proper documentation associated with the design and analysis of the hardware, including process-based Work Instructions, Standard Procedures, and technical guides.
- Concisely write deliverable technical reports per product contract requirements, including SDRLs
- Adhere to government regulations, industry standards and internal guidelines to produce quality hardware in a quality setting.
What We’re Looking For
- Expert comprehension of composite structural design and manufacturing processes, including CNC machining and 3D Printing.
- Experience assembling and delivering technical presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with environmental testing for vibration and thermal.
- Experience providing technical mentorship.
- 10+ years of related design and analysis experience within the aerospace industry required.
- Demonstrated experience, understanding, and proficiency in the following: GD&T, Manufacturing drawing creation and requirements, Materials consideration in designing for spaceflight applications, Testing requirements and results interpretation for environmental conditions (vibration, thermal), and Compliance to aerospace and spaceflight requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related Engineering.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Working knowledge of analysis software, preferably Nastran and/or Femap.
*Must provide proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency, and have the ability to pass a drug screen, pass a criminal background check, and obtain US Secret Clearance.
Benefits: An exceptional and diverse benefit package is offered through our client.About ITEOM: ITEOM Digital Technology Talent Partners collaborates with top technologists and top employers to align purpose and passion and re-incorporate belonging to make the job search and work experience more human. We are an equal opportunity employer; however, this role is not eligible for sponsorship at this time. Employees eligible for full time W2 employment are encouraged to apply.
ManufacturingView all jobs at ITEOM