Cloud Architect - Hybrid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is seeking Cloud Architect who will plan, build and play a vital role in the availability and reliability of our client's cloud infrastructure for mission critical applications that deliver critically important investment decisions for millions of Americans.
Salary: Highly Compensated varies doe; + bonus + equity
Location: Hybrid/PHX - not required to be on-site every day; Alternative Locations: Santa Clara, CA, Boston, MA or Fairfax, VA.
How You’ll Do It:
Our client is looking for proven experience in comprehensive secure infrastructure architecture, AWS tenant design, implementation, and maintenance of Product systems to help advance security, optimization and efficiency in building, evolving, operating, and performing IaaS platforms.Responsibilities:
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed secure systems by collaborating with the in-house Systems and Software Development Architects.
- Directly build and enhance AWS core Infrastructure (EC2/VPC/S3 etc.) and AWS Organizations that align with industry standard best practices - maximizing automation toolset(s) and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to develop, build, and deploy at scale.
- Secure AWS hosted applications and platforms by identifying architecture security gaps and driving security enhancements to protect business critical data and reduce risk to the business.
- Directly support and enhance the AWS cost management process – engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning, tracking the usage, capacity, and cost.
- Coach other engineers and operators recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and use multiple sources of information including broader collaborator views to develop solutions and meaningful recommendations.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Expert level experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Demonstrated extensive abilities with AWS cloud architecture, cloud native patterns, container management and cloud computing capabilities
- Experience with Core AWS security and auditing capabilities
- Successfully used cloud security controls, network boundary controls, and related toolsets
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to lead projects with peers across functional borders
- A track record of maintaining and improving skills in existing and emerging open-source technologies through training or self-research
- Avid practitioner of agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Ruby, Powershell)
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Systematic analytical, problem-solving, and data-driven decision-making mind-set.
- 10+ years of relevant experience. A Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Benefits: A diverse benefit package is offered through our client with pre-IPO opportunities for stock.
About ITEOM: ITEOM Digital Technology Talent Partners collaborates with top technologists and top employers to align purpose and passion and re-incorporate belonging to make the job search and work experience more human. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employees eligible for full time W2 employment are encouraged to apply.
TechnologyView all jobs at ITEOM