Record Assistant - Boston, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Records Management Assistant will assist with a large scanning project while the team transitions to digital files.
The Records Management team would like to hire a staff member to spearhead a large scanning project. We have approximately 200 boxes worth of materials that need to be digitized and uploaded to SharePoint. This project will last approximately 3 months and will require that the candidate work in the office 5 days a week. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in scanning projects, has strong attention to detail, and is familiar with SharePoint. The project will involve scanning multiple documents, and then merging them into one large PDF. The staff member will ensure:
- that all of the pages in each collection were scanned
- the digital file is the appropriate file format, color mode, and file size.
- Check for the differentiation in paper size and possible folding
- Visual Inspection
- Make sure that the optical character recognition (OCR) worked so that the document is searchable.
- Check that the master digital image is a faithful representation of the original, in that it includes all of the text, and includes each page of the document
- After the scan is determined to be complete and sufficient, the staff member will name the file according to the naming convention, upload the file to SharePoint, and put all necessary descriptions of the file into our internal tracking spreadsheet. This staff member will also keep all of the physical files organized during and after scanning. This staff member will report to the Records Manager and Records Management Assistant during the course of this project.
Required / Desired Skills:
Required / Desired
US IT Recruiter
(D): (732) 658-2857
HealthcareView all jobs at IT Trailblazers
Get fresh Record Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.